How to modify the Quadcopter with Auto leveling

Bocikt

It seems like the quadcopter model is setup like a flybarless helicopter. The quad that I have is using an OpenPilot Revolution STM32F4 Flight Controller which is an auto-level board.

Is there a way to set up the quad to emulate auto leveling?

I would imagine you could. A AFS gyro would need to be installed on the model. I might have a look when I get home tonight.

Yup, that would do it, but I wonder if you can install TWO, to get pitch leveling.

Autoleveling is sorta neat on a real Quad but I never use it.

Yup, that would do it, but I wonder if you can install TWO, to get pitch leveling.

Autoleveling is sorta neat on a real Quad but I never use it.

You should be able to put as many as you want. One for pitch and another for roll.

I created a quick 5 min. AV of a Gyro Stabilized auto leveling Quad. You can find it here.

It doesn't stay in one place however since it doesn't have GPS and RF doesn't have that capability (yet). It will always return to level flight however which the original won't do. It is kinda neat with the new HUD and the Belly camera that already comes on the model, Its a Hands off Stable camera platform.

Last edited:
Thanks csgill75!!

That is so much closer to the way my quad flies. I only wish I could get my real quad to be as stable as your simulated quad.

You can change the Gain settings to match your particular setup. I just spent 5 minutes putting that together. In the electronics section of the editor, there are 2 Gyros A AFS Pitch Gyro and AFS Roll Gyro. you can select them and change their gain settings on the right as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 31
Back