How to scale a model down smaller?

zovirl

How do I take a model in RF7.5 and make it smaller? Are there any docs on how to use the editor? I've looked around but can't find any.

I'm trying to model the UMX P3 Revolution. It has a 400cm wingspan and weighs 90 grams (with a 300mAh 2S lipo). The Pitts S-2B feels similar, but is too big & heavy, so I want to make a tiny version of it.

Here's what I tried:
1. Changed Vehicle -> Power Plant Type to electric.
2. Edit -> Rescale Physics To -> Custom to scale it to 22%. Now Vehicle -> Physics Width is 0.4m.
3. Changed the battery to LiPoly 130mah cell, 2 cells in series.
4. Changed the motor to the smallest Graupner in the list (speed 280).
5. Changed all the weights I could find to 5 grams. Total weight is still 147g, so I'm 57g over the actual weight.
6. Changed the prop diameter to 40mm (guessing on the actual diameter)

Now when I load the plane on the runway, it immediately noses over. What am I missing?

Yep, that was it. Thanks! I hadn't realized there was a separate control for CG, but found it after your tip.

With CG fixed, the plane takes off and flies fine. It is quite twitchy, just like the real plane. Perfect!

Hi
I have the UMX P3 Revolution in real life. I´m finding it a bit too alive and would like to practice in my RF 7,5 for a while before taking the real bird out again.
Is it possible to somehow download and use this model from somewhere? I don´t know how to model it for myself.

Back