I am flying a Falcon 40 4 Ch Heli

Forgive me for unearthing an old thread, but I'm also learning on a Falcon 40, which is a 4ch model. However when I load the Heli-Max Axe CP they don't seem to have the same controls, and also aren't fixed-pitch.

Does anyone know what the closest match would be? I've been using a Finch (.049) for a while which seems to have similar controls, but I have no idea if it is handling the same as the real thing since I'm trying to be very patient and careful about my learning.

Thanks for your help! :)

No apologies for digging up an old thread, it's nice to know people actually search the forums. I'm not sure which model on RF would mimic yours the closest, but it's not a bad idea to fly several models here. The basics are the basics, and if you can fly a few different ones on the sim, that will help you out in real life as well. Not that it's not nice to know what the closest match here is, but it's not the be-all end-all of helping you fly for real. That said, somebody will chime in and let you know what his opinion is. Then you can emphasize on that one. Until then, just practice the basics on several different helis. That's good practice too.

nethyy said:
Forgive me for unearthing an old thread, but I'm also learning on a Falcon 40, which is a 4ch model. However when I load the Heli-Max Axe CP they don't seem to have the same controls, and also aren't fixed-pitch.
Thanks for your help! :)
I'm not a heli guy , maybe others who are
can confirm or condemn this idea....... I would think you can open the helimax in the aircraft editor
As the pitch is adjustable
is there a way to lock in a certain degree of pitch? ..
( set the Positive pitch/negative pitch...set the Positive pitch to +? and the negative pitch at 0 )?
or better yet is there a fixed pitch blade available in the list of optional blades?
it would suprise me that RF would not alow one to set up a fixed pitch helie

Thanks for the responses guys. I've been planing with the Finch as I mentioned which seems to be gas powered (not that that's critical), and the "Watt Not" which is an electric and seems to be much more twitchy to control. Perhaps it's just the lighter weight.

As I humbly admit that I'm very much a novice and trying to learn, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable creating my own blades just yet, without enough knowledge to know if I'm heading in the right direction.

Another relevant question, I know RealFlight has a Training section involving things like "Heli Orientation Trainer", however it seems that the heli model which loads for this isn't fixed pitch and has >4 channels. Does anyone know if it would be possible to go through training with a model which follows the same control principles as the one I'm trying to learn on?

Thanks again to all!

There's a console command called "loadvehicle" Hit the ~ to access the console. Then you can have whatever heli you want in the trainer.

nethyy said:
I don't know if I'd feel comfortable creating my own blades just yet, without enough knowledge to know if I'm heading in the right direction.
!
no pun intended.... but the best way to learn the aircraft editors capabilities is to "Dive right in"
you are not creating a new blade ......just changing the limits of it's pitch
any time you edit a stock aircraft it will force you to rename it when you are through editing it ....files from the swap page must be renamed first

So before doing any thing in the editor first its best to "Save as" (from the editors toolbar)and rename the helie "helimax fixed" for example or any name you want
Renaming a helie or plane creates a "Aircraft Variant"(AV) leaving the original heliemax as a separate unaltered helie
That way if you do something wrong you can always just go to "Manage user files" in the sim and delete the offending "helimax fixed"or whatever you called it AV ...no harm no foul :D

Are fixed pitch helies main blades RRM variable?....as I know that collective or variable pitch helis are usually at a constant rpm right? .......maybe there might not be away to Accurately change one???

Last edited:
Thanks very very much again for the input all. Does anyone have any thoughts / experience on this one?

nethyy said:
Another relevant question, I know RealFlight has a Training section involving things like "Heli Orientation Trainer", however it seems that the heli model which loads for this isn't fixed pitch and has >4 channels. Does anyone know if it would be possible to go through training with a model which follows the same control principles as the one I'm trying to learn on?

Back