I think I've gone nuts...

BryanEW710

I did some work on the Reflex-3...what do you think? Kind of did it real quick over a couple hours while I was waiting for a customer to call back. The plane is textured and it was quite difficult to keep the color and texture.

Attachments

• Blue Reflex_CS.G3X
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot1241576685.jpg
    ScreenShot1241576685.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 55
tips

Ya my old paint program does not use multi layers, so I make a big picture that is nothing but a foam repeating pattern, I open that picture and the CS picture up together and cut and past back and forth. I cut the wing out and paste them over the foam, and make the wing paint 50% see through. Then I cut the wings out again and past them back on the CS.

My Cut and paste all ways past starting in the top left corner. So I all ways make a small square in the top left, when I select my wings I select the square too, this way when I re-paste to the CS my wing stay in the same place using that little square as a reference point. I some time use small + sign placed next to a part on the CS, so when I flip that part for something like the other side of a Stab. I line up the " + " like a target

Using these methods your paint is smooth and you don't have the FILL did not FILL an area problem and your texture ( foam ) is even under you paint.

Attachments

• CUT-PAST.JPG
    CUT-PAST.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I know I'm going to have to read that a couple times, but thanks, Terry!

ps - I haven't forgotten the SIG. I was just playing around in RF and realized that I'd started this one even longer ago and just wanted to finish it.

Junkboy999 said:
I some time use small + sign placed next to a part on the CS, so when I flip that part for something like the other side of a Stab. I line up the " + " like a target
I do the same thing with the "sqaure in the corner but do it to all four
my Question is about the + sign
doesn't the + flip with the part?
how can you then use it as a target .....after flipping would it not be on the other side??
and the "other" part that you are trying to "mirror" it to would not have another + lined up in the right spot to line them up either?
I don't get it?

Last edited:
Little +

This might not work for all maps. When I map a model I try to keep aircraft parts the same size and at the same angle on the map. In this Picture you see the Left and the Right Horz Star on my A-4 skyhawk. I can paint on one of them. Like paned lines and ware marks. Next I would select it and the little + symbol. I would copy and past it back. Next I would flip it so it will be the right orientation and past it back down over the unpainted one. I use the small + to make sure they are lined up and pasted in the right place.

Attachments

• PLUSE.JPG
    PLUSE.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 3
  • PLUSE2.JPG
    PLUSE2.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Do you guys think this one's good enough to put on the Swaps?

In case you guys are interested, I also recently uploaded a Yak-55 CS as a prototype for the color scheme that my father-in-law will be using on his real life Yak foamy. I did it as a quick job so none of the textures are maintained, but I tried to do it as an exercise in making a CS that makes aerobatics easier by making less guesswork of figuring out the plane's orientation at any given moment.

just my 2 cents....
this CS (or some thing very simmilar) is how I have done many of the R.W. gliders that
that i have owned over many years to gain "Positive Orientaion"
as gliders are very often are flown at a distance
nothing very "pretty" to look at
but when I use a (I call it "navigation style") Scheme like this I'm NEVER "turned around"
BryanEW710
with a stripe(s) on just ONE wing you can STILL become disorientated !!
(at least from a distance)
in the second example (the mistal) I usually use transparent MonoCoat at the tips

Attachments

• ScreenShot747.jpg
    ScreenShot747.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot748.jpg
    ScreenShot748.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot749.jpg
    ScreenShot749.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot750.jpg
    ScreenShot750.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ScreenShot751.jpg
    ScreenShot751.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 1
Good Ideas!

I played around it a bit in RF, and I can see where there are definitely places the scheme can be improved. I was trying to create something that was nice to look at that still achieved a functional purpose. I found that even at medium zoom, it was still pretty easy to fly. I might make another one real quick to see what I can come up with.

Terry,

Do you think that the method of creating a reference mark, be it a plus or a square, can be done when you are not the original creator of the map?

Maj. Numbskully said:
just my 2 cents....
this CS (or some thing very simmilar) is how I have done many of the R.W. gliders that
that i have owned over many years to gain "Positive Orientaion"
as gliders are very often are flown at a distance
nothing very "pretty" to look at
but when I use a (I call it "navigation style") Scheme like this I'm NEVER "turned around"
BryanEW710
with a stripe(s) on just ONE wing you can STILL become disorientated !!
(at least from a distance)
in the second example (the mistal) I usually use transparent MonoCoat at the tips
How's this?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1242698691.jpg
    ScreenShot1242698691.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1242698705.jpg
    ScreenShot1242698705.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 9
Hello new guy,
Don't give out your email in a public forum (unless you want to be SPAM'ed).
Use the SEARCH function (indicates initiative on your part)
Read the FAQ and Tutorials.

Welcome to the forums. :)

rckid99 said:
how do you create new airplanes. if anybody can help me send me an e-mail at
*****@hotmail.com :D

rckid99

Back