I Want To Upgrade But Should I Wait For 6?

If they truely wanted a product that we would all be happier with they would've asked our opinions and had a beta trial with senior members as well with the top rc pilots as mentioned in the rf6 video. I think ke is a strange company for all the high secrecy like they're guarding a piece of the true cross. This community isn't considered a meter of public opinion obviously. Ask for a solid answer on anything or try to rally for a change to even a forum format upgrade and it falls on deaf ears. Its a your on your own kind of attitude all the time. I am not impressed with the eek out whatever information you can on your own by looking on other websites or newsgroups. Am I wrong, but isn't this the "KE" forums? They have a knife edge news and announcements thread why wouldn't they post the announcement of the impending release of RF6? It kind of makes me feel like they don't care about us that much. Just my opinion but I'm sure there are others that must feel the same.

I've been here since G3. The roll out of new versions has always followed pretty much the same pattern. Mikeymike is doing his thing They will announce it. There will be some screen shots. They always do it a little at a time to get us all pumped up and get our cards all lubed up :D I don't blame KE for most of the odd stuff they do. They do have a parent company that probably makes most of the marketing decisions.

Doesn't make it suck any less. If I had a product that had a following of loyal customers/contributers I would make them feel somewhat an important component of my r and d phase of production. Not the opposite. I think we may know this software better than the decision makers. We use it more. We should be an invaluable resource. Don't ya think? Whatever who am I kidding I'm hooked. I'm just venting. I feel better now.

KE used to post when new versions would soon be coming out. They've been working under a shroud of secrecy for a long time now.

So it looks like I will probably go with version 6. I sure hope my 7 year old PC can handle it. LOL I'm still running a nVidia 6600GT, AGP of course... Wonder if I can get better AGP cards out there...

All the standards had to change and now everything is PCI-E.

Here's G4. Note the date https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=18366
Here's G5 https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=24202

They'll announce it any day now. :D
You know...If you think about it the major market for these sims are newbs just learning to fly. In fact....with all the supplies they need to get started out, and all the crashing they do, they are probably by far the largest generators of revenue for these companies. Us guys that have more experience tend to buy more expensive stuff and a lot fewer of them. We've already purchased all the newb stuff and replaced most if it with much better equipment that isn't even available from the big two distributors. Most of us are already stocked up with more aircraft than we need and if we stuff one that we can't fix, we just transfer all the expensive stuff over to a new airframe. I haven't bought a lipo in country in three years. So all of us old goat herders that are hanging around in here are more or less irrelevant to these guys as long as the content keeps flowing into the swap pages. Newbs wouldn't know a good sim from a bad one as long as it looked OK on the screen. They get to try one out in every hobby shop they've ever been in. They don't find out till much later(if they even stay in the hobby)that some things just don't seem quite right with this sim. With these updates rolling out every two years, I'd say it's a crap shoot whether the average second year pilot would feel the need to purchase a new upgraded version. The cycle of newbs never ends. So I'd say that what we have to say here to make improvements to the software is probably falling on deaf ears unless it's a suggestion that they think will earn them a larger piece of the hobby pie.

Sounds like allot of things these days. Cater to the new customer leave the loyal long term members out in the cold. I'm sure it's complicated for them. They need to keep their eye on the bottom line and they need to interest new customers. I'm not sure that a rework on heli physics that will only be noticed by those familiar with the sim will be much of a lure for the newbs out there. I think the nice shiny 6 on the box will gather the most interest. It's new I need it. :rolleyes: Whatever it is what it is. Like it or not RF6 is almost here. Don't make fun of me when I admit I bought it. :eek:

td9cowboy said:
The cycle of newbs never ends. So I'd say that what we have to say here to make improvements to the software is probably falling on deaf ears unless it's a suggestion that they think will earn them a larger piece of the hobby pie.

well its like in my old neighborhood.................. they never GAVE crack to crackheads ..just newbies
:p :p

Back