Idea to improve the ergonomics of the menus

Maxou L'Caribou

Hello,
The menus have a lot of submenus and the visual space could be improved.
More than three quarters of the visual space is unused.
Here is a proposal (screenshot) to improve the ergonomics of the menus.
The photo editing was done quickly but it's to give you an idea.
Best regards
Maxou L'Caribou

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
If RealFlight Evolution won't go back to the 'standard' MS Windows menu bar approach, your cascading menus provides more 'selection context' and easier navigation between main and sub menus.

Definitely needs work. I'm sitting here with a $4000 PC and these menus are by far the slowest i've ever experienced
That doesn't sound right. Can you describe in more detail what you're experiencing? Overall the UI is fast here, and we're doing some work to speed things up even more.

There is a rare bug we've had a hard time reproducing where the menus will in fact get very slow. It seems to coincide with RealFlight losing focus (such as by alt-tabbing to other applications). If you ever encounter that, restarting RF will make it go away, and the difference in responsiveness should be incredibly obvious. I doubt that's what you're experiencing.

That doesn't sound right. Can you describe in more detail what you're experiencing? Overall the UI is fast here, and we're doing some work to speed things up even more.

There is a rare bug we've had a hard time reproducing where the menus will in fact get very slow. It seems to coincide with RealFlight losing focus (such as by alt-tabbing to other applications). If you ever encounter that, restarting RF will make it go away, and the difference in responsiveness should be incredibly obvious. I doubt that's what you're experiencing.
Hello,

We are not talking here about the slowness of the menus or a bug.
We are talking about the menu tree which is not at all ergonomic.
When it says slow, it's to find the desired submenu.
If we are looking for an option, for example to change the level of a sound, we must go to "parameter" then "audio" then "all sound" then "sound level"...
It's not at all intuitive.
In all the games that exist that I have been able to play, I have not struggled so much to find an option.
What would be great is that when you click on settings, ALL the settings just appear on the right side of the screen.
2/3 of the screen is not used, use it!

Back