I'm bored and thinking about getting RF9.5

Last time I was into RF I think it was version 4.5? The forums were very active and the multiplayer was active too. Lots of 'build threads' which translated into lots of members helping each other out with their respective builds. So I been lurking for a few days and sadly its seems a little quiet around here. Is this the norm or is it just a summer lull? Is multiplayer active or? I used to love doing color schemes but kind of didn't like doing 3d models so much, I use to force myself to do the 3d model so that I had something original to paint! I never got into painting other guys planes. I had quite a few finished models (some of which were never posted) but I ended up losing ALL of them due to a mechanical hard drive failure, and yes I was stupid enough to have no backups!

I've been here for only a year and a half now, so I don't have a good perspective of activity, and I haven't done multiplayer yet. 🤔

I think (not sure) I was the first user to make something that didn't fly? I created an R2D2 model and the final version even stood up straight and the center leg retracted. I posted it for download on swap pages and a 3D model sales site and it wasn't long before I got a cease and desist letter from Lucas Arts so sadly it was deleted and is gone forever, all that exists is this video

Last time I was into RF I think it was version 4.5? The forums were very active and the multiplayer was active too. Lots of 'build threads' which translated into lots of members helping each other out with their respective builds. So I been lurking for a few days and sadly its seems a little quiet around here. Is this the norm or is it just a summer lull? Is multiplayer active or? I used to love doing color schemes but kind of didn't like doing 3d models so much, I use to force myself to do the 3d model so that I had something original to paint! I never got into painting other guys planes. I had quite a few finished models (some of which were never posted) but I ended up losing ALL of them due to a mechanical hard drive failure, and yes I was stupid enough to have no backups!

The norm is lower than the 10-12 years ago we are in a bit of a summer lull. multiplayer is definitely in a summer lull, but people don't like being the first to join if there are a few people who are not afk in the session. it can hit the limit really fast.

You say you don't do 3D models however there are several here by you over the years currently located on your banned profiles. Some of us old timers on this forum remember your work, and it was good work. I still fly the "P-38 Lightninig" even though its misspelled lol. and The B-29 is the most popular aircraft on the swap pages.

Perhaps the new management will allow you to stay this time.

Welcome Back.

You say you don't do 3D models however there are several here by you over the years currently located on your banned profiles. Some of us old timers on this forum remember your work, and it was good work. I still fly the "P-38 Lightninig" even though its misspelled lol. and The B-29 is the most popular aircraft on the swap pages.

Welcome Back.
While I don`t doubt your intel csgill, how do you know Rick was banned AND WHY ???, I`m guessing it`s because his files aren`t on the swap pages, that`s the how part :unsure: :unsure: , but what about the why part ??, If either you or Rick can answer, I`d be interested in hearing the answer. Also, this goes to Legoman, how did you find his files, if they`re not on the swap pages, or did I just look in the wrong place, I looked in the members list, and didn`t come up with his name. :unsure::unsure: Rick willing, I`d like to see him/you back..:)(y)

Welcome Back.
New management please elaborate? Yes I had many aliases in fact I don't remember them all. I did not know I misspelled "Lightning" LOL. I did have a hell of a time creating the P-38 (with the small poly limit) -I almost gave up on it but I ended up getting it done! My favorite part was the box of Cracker Jacks on the dash but nobody ever said a word about that. The B-29 was one of my 1st builds and that's because it's my favorite aircraft, I had a very tough time doing it and I still feel like it could've been much better -I've always wanted to redo it from scratch. Why is it still the most popular 14 years after I created it IDK maybe its a lot of peoples favorite plane (not my model but the real plane)? I first learned about it in the Disney movie 'The Last Flight of Noah's Ark' when I was a kid, fell in love with it! And I am not 'back' per se I am on the fence of weather or not I should get the sim and IDK if I could even model again it's been so long and i don't remember ALOT about modeling, I would probably have to relearn everything PLUS what's changed since I was in the modeling game. I do remember that I was FAST could turn out an EA in as little as one day when other guys took quite abit longer, over a year in some cases!

Last edited:
While I don`t doubt your intel csgill, how do you know Rick was banned AND WHY ???, I`m guessing it`s because his files aren`t on the swap pages, that`s the how part :unsure: :unsure: , but what about the why part ??, If either you or Rick can answer, I`d be interested in hearing the answer. Also, this goes to Legoman, how did you find his files, if they`re not on the swap pages, or did I just look in the wrong place, I looked in the members list, and didn`t come up with his name. :unsure::unsure: Rick willing, I`d like to see him/you back..:)(y)
I was banned many times for several reasons, sometimes my fault sometimes other users fault. I think it came down to 'too many chickens in the hen house' making planes for RF was a new thing and alot of us thought we were competing against each other. I didn't care about popularity, that's why the 4 planes that are the "top uploads" weren't even uploaded by me. I would be flying multiplayer and guys would ask what are you flying (cause they would see the default Nexstar) and I would say oh it's the F-117 Nighthawk. Then they would ask if I would send it to them and I said sure what's your email? Then someone would ask, hey do you mind if I post it to the swaps? And I would say, sure do whatever you want with it. I never asked anyone to give me credit because I didn't care TBH it's not like I was getting paid. I was just having fun creating the planes that I wanted to fly. The major cause of friction for me was when I spent alot of time making an EA and users would outright accuse of stealing other peoples work from the web -which I never did. That really hurts when you spend so much time creating something. Here's all the models I made in 2006 alone.

Attachments

• All Planes.jpg
    All Planes.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 18
  • All Planes2.jpg
    All Planes2.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Cap232_1600x1200_01.jpg
    Cap232_1600x1200_01.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Extra330S_1600x1200_01.jpg
    Extra330S_1600x1200_01.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Lineup.jpg
    Lineup.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 12
  • TEST.jpg
    TEST.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 17
New management please elaborate? Yes I had many aliases in fact I don't remember them all. I did not know I misspelled "Lightning" LOL. I did have a hell of a time creating the P-38 (with the small poly limit) -I almost gave up on it but I ended up getting it done! My favorite part was the box of Cracker Jacks on the dash but nobody ever said a word about that. The B-29 was one of my 1st builds and that's because it's my favorite aircraft, I had a very tough time doing it and I still feel like it could've been much better -I've always wanted to redo it from scratch. Why is it still the most popular 14 years after I created it IDK maybe its a lot of peoples favorite plane (not my model but the real plane)? I first learned about it in the Disney movie 'The Last Flight of Noah's Ark' when I was a kid, fell in love with it! And I am not 'back' per se I am on the fence of weather or not I should get the sim and IDK if I could even model again it's been so long and i don't remember ALOT about modeling, I would probably have to relearn everything PLUS what's changed since I was in the modeling game. I do remember that I was FAST could turn out an EA in as little as one day when other guys took quite abit longer, over a year in some cases!
In regards to the P-38, I DO remember the box of cracker jacks LOL.... RE: the B-29, I just downloaded it, (I lost the first one, computer melt down) imported it into RF, and it fly's great in RF 9.5,... RE: the movie "I think" I saw it.??? :unsure: :unsure:.... RE: the sim, WELL, the title of this thread says it all, I say get it, you won`t regret it...;):).... RE: modeling again, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain, it never hurts to try, you`ll be surprised what comes back to you once you get back into it. Additionally, there are currently three active modelers, that are good at helping other modelers with questions that they might have. Sadly, I`m not one of them...:(

Last edited:
My favorite part was the box of Cracker Jacks on the dash but nobody ever said a word about that.
Is that it way up on the top? Every time I've ever been inside it, I've only ever noticed that photo of the cutie taped on the instrument panel.

ScreenShot1662445454.jpg

I was banned many times for several reasons, sometimes my fault sometimes other users fault. I think it came down to 'too many chickens in the hen house' making planes for RF was a new thing and alot of us thought we were competing against each other. I didn't care about popularity, that's why the 4 planes that are the "top uploads" weren't even uploaded by me. I would be flying multiplayer and guys would ask what are you flying (cause they would see the default Nexstar) and I would say oh it's the F-117 Nighthawk. Then they would ask if I would send it to them and I said sure what's your email? Then someone would ask, hey do you mind if I post it to the swaps? And I would say, sure do whatever you want with it. I never asked anyone to give me credit because I didn't care TBH it's not like I was getting paid. I was just having fun creating the planes that I wanted to fly. The major cause of friction for me was when I spent alot of time making an EA and users would outright accuse of stealing other peoples work from the web -which I never did. That really hurts when you spend so much time creating something. Here's all the models I made in 2006 alone.
Well, I certainly remember some of the things you mention happening in the forums between modelers back in the day, It`s to bad a lot of those good modelers left because of their differences or other reasons. I can`t blame you for being upset about the accusations people made...RE: The models and CS`s you`ve made, I certainly remember and have downloaded most of them. I don`t know how you did the pics./renderings in the posts above, but they look so fantastic to the point that they look like real planes, great job, and if you decide to get RF again and start modeling, you`ll definitely have my attention. (y) (y) :)

Look behind the seat space boy, and ye might fight what ye is seeking.
I did find it there, after walking up to the plane and looking in from above. I should have clarified that in the screenshot of it above are the Lucky Strikes on the left side of the screenshot and the Cracker Jacks on the right. 😄

... copied from my message above ...
index.php

Last edited:
Back