I'm thinking of making...

Go for it. I'd love to try it myself, but I've concluded that I'm getting to be too old a dog to learn too many new tricks. I'm 73 and my parents died at 57 & 61. I've been a smoker my whole adult life, but I'm in pretty good health, considering. I'd recommend something simple and airplane-like that you understand. And build your skills by expanding/refining an initially simple project. The Borg spacecraft seems unrealistic. How would you know whether it's working correctly or not?
P.S. I learn new stuff every day... but this would be too big to handle.

Last edited:
I recently re-found some of my 3D illustrations and animations from the '90s. I figured I'd share some of it with you, especially the ones that are airplane-like:

The following are stills from animations for an interactive corporate presentation.
I modeled this biplane to be low-polygon for quick animation:

these spaceship-like vehicles represented the new software that this company was installing and wanted their employees to be excited about:

...And finally, this was part of an unfinished project, and unfortunately, I've only been able to find this thumbnail and not the full-resolution rendering. You can see that there is a Fokker triplane model on the desk:

I used Strata Studio Pro for those, which was the successor to the 3D software Cyan used (StrataVision 3D) to create the graphics for the game Myst in the '90s.

The screenshot on the monitor is Strata Studio Pro as I was using it while creating the monitor itself!
Cool thanks for sharing.

Hot Wheels Daredevil airplane
View attachment 128083
The physics on this one would be a little closer to reality, but there's no way it could be flown enjoyably at Hot Wheels scale. So it could be upscaled to fun fly size, but the wings are so stubby that it would probably be really difficult to control. I think if it had a really light wing loading, it might be fun.
Kinda eminds me of the 'JJ the Jet' that was on the swap pages.

Back