import model from solidworks to realflight8

eflight

Hi,
Looking for somebody experienced to import UAV model from solidworks to realflight 8.
I have a detailed model of the airplane with all the control surfaces, landing gear and etc..
Just need somebody to do all the transformation work.
Contact me for any questions.

Hi,
Looking for somebody experienced to import UAV model from solidworks to realflight 8.
I have a detailed model of the airplane with all the control surfaces, landing gear and etc..
Just need somebody to do all the transformation work.
Contact me for any questions.

What do you mean by "transformation work"? Pivots, retracts, etc.. Sorry I am just not framiliar with "transformation work" or solid works

by transformation work I mean transfer my (.XT/.IGS/.STEP etc.) file that I created in SOLIDWORKS to a REALFLIGHT 8 airplane file.
1) Defining pivot points and structural linkages for all the parts in the model.
2) Defining the physics which tells RealFlight how the aircraft should fly.

by transformation work I mean transfer my (.XT/.IGS/.STEP etc.) file that I created in SOLIDWORKS to a REALFLIGHT 8 airplane file.
1) Defining pivot points and structural linkages for all the parts in the model.
2) Defining the physics which tells RealFlight how the aircraft should fly.

As far as step 1), the student version 3ds max (any version) can be used.
Step 2) is done in RF

I have the same request. I have a UAV helicopter in CAD that I need turned into a model. Willing to pay. Anybody here want to help?

Attachments

• Procyon with Yellowscan.jpg
    Procyon with Yellowscan.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 41
Oi,
Procurando alguém com experiência para importar o modelo UAV do solidworks para o realflight 8.
Tenho um modelo detalhado do avião com todas as superfícies de controle, trem de pouso e etc.
Só preciso de alguém para fazer todo o trabalho de transformação.
Entre em contato comigo para qualquer dúvida.
Você conhece as etapas para converter um arquivo SolidWorks e CATIA (STEP, IGS, STL) para o software?

No direct conversion from SolidWorks is possible.

The way shapes are defined for video games and simulators is fundamentally different than in CAD software, even though the end result may look similar on the screen.

You must use software such as 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender to create the model, then export an .FBX that RealFlight can import.

Typically a Solidworks file is only useful as a reference for creating your own polygon-based model. Some processes do exist for converting solid models (such as from Solidworks), but the results are unsuitable for direct use.

Hello Ryan,

Where does a person just learning find documentation or details to explain the process and part naming etc to turn a 3DS model into a workable drone in Realflight?
I'm in the process but know that I'm missing links in the process chain here.

Thanks
Phil

Back