Importing .rfx files into G3.5

Gam

Just downloaded an SR-71 user file to use with G3.5, and the extention is .rfx? This is different to normal - any ideas on how to import it? What m I missing??

Many thanks

Gam said:
Just downloaded an SR-71 user file to use with G3.5, and the extention is .rfx? This is different to normal - any ideas on how to import it? What m I missing??

Many thanks

You are missing G4. RFX. files only work with G4. Look on the info before downloading. It will say: Version: 4****** :rolleyes:

DannyBoy97 said:
You are missing G4. RFX. files only work with G4. Look on the info before downloading. It will say: Version: 4****** :rolleyes:
Hey, you answered that question in 2 and a half months after he asked it! Way to go there speedy!!!

RFX files imported into G3.5

Does anybody know how to import RFX files of an airport into G3.5? Can they be exported out of G4 as KEX files or G3X files?

****Advanced users only: Don't try unless you know what you are doing.
First thing first: .g3x and .rfx are just .zip archives. You can re-name these with .zip extension and extract them where you want.

Once the contents are where you want them, you can use the simulator's import kex function to bring-in the custom model along with it's .TGA texture file.

You will not be able to import the flight model as G3.5 and G4 have their files a bit dirrerent including reversed switch settings.

That's where your skill with aircraft editor comes in, create your own flight model.

There are some .kex files that are hardcoded for G4, in which case you cannot import those into G3.5.

At your own risk, I will not answer further questions on the subject.

RFX files imported into G3.5

Thanks for the quick response. The files that I am trying to import into G3.5 are for local airports, not aircraft. Will your response work for that also? Thanks again so much.

I have changed the name of the file to "xxxxxx_PI.zip" and placed in on the desktop. I go to "Import" in G3.5 and select G3X. But when I put in the file name and indicate that it is on the desktop, I get a response that the file does not exist. Any help.

Last edited:
Wrong Version

Wrong Version .RFX are for VER G4 and Up

Same with the PI airfields

Attachments

• WRONGV.JPG
    WRONGV.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
rtstrong@cox.ne said:
Thanks for the quick response. The files that I am trying to import into G3.5 are for local airports, not aircraft. Will your response work for that also? Thanks again so much.

I have changed the name of the file to "xxxxxx_PI.zip" and placed in on the desktop. I go to "Import" in G3.5 and select G3X. But when I put in the file name and indicate that it is on the desktop, I get a response that the file does not exist. Any help.
You will need to extract the .zip file, then under "Simulator/Import" select KEX file (not G3X)

edit: This probably won't work for airport files. They don't have a KEX file to import. Sorry for the misinformation. :eek:

Last edited:
Back