Imposters smoking up Multiplayer

Once again i am having issues with this person, he is driving me mad and the language that is being used between him and other users is disgusting, i have been made aware that the person of gas hanger that this Rory person fly's for has been made aware of the issues, we need to get this persons real flight de-activated as its ruining the game. i have also seen the actual "Rory Tooley" on the simulator and his language is just as bad so i wouldn't be surprised if it is the same person.

I hope something can be done to stop them playing real flight all together

I decided a long time ago I'll never require passwords for the fields I host.
Everyone is welcome, and I dont get that many D-bags.

I just ban, mute, turn off particles etc as needed.
Asking to lighten up on the smoke and bombs usually works.
The truly obnoxious get one warning before being kicked, but I've only had to do that a few times

Maybe these young whipper-snappers cant stand the Geezer-Fields I build and dont come by at all?

Last edited:
I decided a long time ago I'll never require passwords for the fields I host.
Everyone is welcome, and I dont get that many D-bags.

I just ban, mute, turn off particles etc as needed.
Asking to lighten up on the smoke and bombs usually works.
The truly obnoxious get one warning before being kicked, but I've only had to do that a few times

Maybe these young whipper-snappers cant stand the Geezer-Fields I build and dont come by at all?

This dirtbag's stated purpose is to screw up the rooms so any form of "asking" is useless.

Kicking & banning is also useless because he spoofs his IP and is right back in.

Turning off particles is the wrong way to go. That will affect even particles you would want to see.

HIDE is the way to go. That way you can't see his particles or the 400 size plane he uses to block the camera view... and it won't affect the other pilots who's particles you might still want to see. That, along with Fun Fly No Weapons will eliminate all but his foul chat.

But his real purpose is to ruin the sim for casual users by making everyone use Passwords.

I have no problems with passwords if that is what it takes. If I host I will use the same one like everyone else. If he finds it out I will contact one of the people via PM who know me and get the new one.

There are many potential solutions of which most, if not all, will require a) some amount of programmer/admin time to implement and b) ongoing moderator/admin time to support, neither of which is KE particularly flush with at this time.

Best to hope for is that since MP has not yet been implemented for RF-X they are architecting a more robust and managed solution.

I have no problems with passwords if that is what it takes. If I host I will use the same one like everyone else. If he finds it out I will contact one of the people via PM who know me and get the new one.

Yes, I also know one of the common passwords. I don't know all of them. This seems to be the best solution just because it's the only solution. But I'm not glad about it. Casual users are being repelled from multiplayer and old time users like me are inconvenienced. And THAT is this ****stain's goal.

There are many potential solutions of which most, if not all, will require a) some amount of programmer/admin time to implement and b) ongoing moderator/admin time to support, neither of which is KE particularly flush with at this time.

Best to hope for is that since MP has not yet been implemented for RF-X they are architecting a more robust and managed solution.

Yes, I agree completely.

I was thinking of some kind of code that the program would send to multiplayer. The code would be unique to each install of RF. That way a particular person associated with that computer could be banned.

Of course, the person could reinstall the software or run from another computer. There is no real permanent way of blocking someone. Darn guys will do anything to annoy.

I was thinking of some kind of code that the program would send to multiplayer. The code would be unique to each install of RF. That way a particular person associated with that computer could be banned.

Of course, the person could reinstall the software or run from another computer. There is no real permanent way of blocking someone. Darn guys will do anything to annoy.

That would be a massive improvement. He would get tired of re-installing only to be banned again within the first few minutes of trolling.

I guess I'm lucky I (knock wood) almost never encounter these types of D-B s'

Must be a youngster that populates the rooms where "real flyers" practice...the 3D and Heli guys...The Most Popular Watering Holes are where you find the most aye-holes, just like night clubs...

Very attractive places for Punks to cause trouble where the greatest number of people will "see it".

Antique shops and used record stores, not so much! LOL!

I've been in a few sessions last week and did not see this guy everyone is talking about. Over the past few months I've not been using multiplayer and now I fly RF-X. I hope that when RF-X does get multi-player it is more robust. I would not mind having a username and password to use it, and accounts are tied to the serial number from the software(there is not a serial number on the new interlink). We could ban the account which would ban the serial number from multiplayer. The only way around that would be multiple copies of RF-X.

I tried your suggestion, and hid him.
It seems like he has a way of lagging the system, as everything slowed down and the screen stuttered, even thought he smoke was gone.
Eventually, the room froze , and everyone was kicked out.
There has to be a way to fix this.
I cant even join a room, without this or passwords stopping me...
I feel like I wasted my money.

I've been in a few sessions last week and did not see this guy everyone is talking about. Over the past few months I've not been using multiplayer and now I fly RF-X. I hope that when RF-X does get multi-player it is more robust. I would not mind having a username and password to use it, and accounts are tied to the serial number from the software(there is not a serial number on the new interlink). We could ban the account which would ban the serial number from multiplayer. The only way around that would be multiple copies of RF-X.

That sounds good.

I tried your suggestion, and hid him.
It seems like he has a way of lagging the system, as everything slowed down and the screen stuttered, even thought he smoke was gone.
Eventually, the room froze , and everyone was kicked out.
There has to be a way to fix this.
I cant even join a room, without this or passwords stopping me...
I feel like I wasted my money.

Yeah he has bragged about this. Claims every time he gets kicked & then comes back, it adds lag to the room. I have no idea if this is true. Such a POS.

My fields are really big with lots of spawns and landing sites, visiters can just toggle X to get away from him...

I'll try to post some screen shots of his pathetic little plume trying to spoil ONE camera view, from another "field within my field" 10miles away...Sometimes I let him stay a while just to torment him.

And my kids are trained to "kill the aye-hole" as soon as he appears...its a game for them too.....Miserable freak, he spends more time (about 5 mins) switching IP and logging back on than actually disrupting things....

Dude is obviously not stable, just hope he doesnt shoot-up a school before Christmas.

Usually this kind of behavior only lasts a couple weeks. It comes and goes. For someone to be doing this for this amount of time, something is seriously wrong with them.

Particles in 7.5 can bring the frame rates down to zero if there is enough of them. To prevent this, turn off the particles in the video settings in RealFlight. The downside is that you won't be able to see any smoke anywhere from anyone but if you're flying electric, you're not missing anything..

Particles in 7.5 can bring the frame rates down to zero if there is enough of them. To prevent this, turn off the particles in the video settings in RealFlight. The downside is that you won't be able to see any smoke anywhere from anyone but if you're flying electric, you're not missing anything..

But then you still have to see the jerk hanging in front of the camera blocking the view. Better to use "Hide"... that way you can still see other pilot's smoke, the Jerk's smoke is gone and HE is gone from in front of the camera as well.

Back