In a bit of a mess

Big Red One

Hi Guys, im in a bit of a mess.

My last r/c sim was Phoenix R/C, obviously thats long since gone although it works fine, so i wondered about buying RF9 had looked at the you tube video's and thought, wow that looks so much better than the old Phoenix so bought the Spektrum dongle and downloaded the RF9 ( via steam )

Everything works, the thing is, it looks pretty much exactly like Phoenix, some of the models are different but the graphics look the same, I feel like ive just spent $130 for nothing, or am i missing something?

Ive got Version 9.00.022

Ian

Hi Guys, im in a bit of a mess.

My last r/c sim was Phoenix R/C, obviously thats long since gone although it works fine, so i wondered about buying RF9 had looked at the you tube video's and thought, wow that looks so much better than the old Phoenix so bought the Spektrum dongle and downloaded the RF9 ( via steam )

Everything works, the thing is, it looks pretty much exactly like Phoenix, some of the models are different but the graphics look the same, I feel like ive just spent $130 for nothing, or am i missing something?

Ive got Version 9.00.022

Ian
Yes RealFlight 9 looks pretty much like RealFlight 7. There's added content and VR Headset support and they also really upped the triangle count for us modelers so there are good things about having it for sure but the graphics are pretty much what they were before.

The graphics are the same as G4. Many of the aircraft and airports are the exact same models and locations. It's really a limitation of the underlying software both being DirectX 9 dependent and a dated engine running everything. RF-X was a step in the right direction but after Horizon took over as the publisher it was canceled.

The main reason Realflight is still the best RC Simulator is the physics and the aircraft editor. The ability to edit a aircraft to fly EXACTLY the way the real world aircraft flies makes it worth the price.

Back