Indoor environment

Joystick Jim

One thing I would really love to see in a future upgrade to Realflight Drone is an indoor environment(s). An indoor parking garage or abandoned factory is what I envision. This would allow practice in moving around obstacles and maneuvering in tight spaces. Does anyone else think this would be a beneficial addition?

Yes. In RealFlight 7.5 you can do this. You also can create your own airports and obstacle courses.

Thanks csgill75. It's nice know those features are available in RF 7.5. Hopefully they will be included in a future upgrade to RF Drone. It would also be nice if all of the quadcopters available in RF Drone were available in RF 7.5. I had hoped that RF Drone was a version specifically for quadcopter enthusiasts with all of the power of RF 7.5. If I need to upgrade to RF 7.5, I would hope that everything available in RF Drone would be available in RF 7.5. I guess only time will tell how these two versions will progress.

I don't think that Drone will get the features that RealFlight has. It's a basic version of 7.5 limited to just Multirotors. Realflight Basic for example has never received a update. It is possible however that 7.5 will get the two quads that Drone version has in a future update as mentioned in a different thread. We have everything else you have except the Voltage 500 and the Husban H4.

There are indoor places to fly in drone. In the soccer stadium you can fly all the way thru a corridor down the length of the stadium. In the Japanese Palace you can fly down some of the passages around the building (but not others, despite the "space" being there - it's just NOT consistent) You can fly inside MOST of the passageway around the inside of the palace. If you want difficult tight places to practice they are there, you just have to try everything ("Logic does not apply" to quote Spock. Some space that appears visually accessible is not and some is.

When it's not you just hit an invisible barrier that won't let you past.

A simulation is like a hidden barrier zoo: the only way to find out where the limits really are is to try everything.

hi all

newbie here, have been lurking for quite a while :).

What is the best indoor drone in your opinion? Is there a difference at all between indoor and outdoor drones or is it just a made up categorization?

Last edited:
Great question shepard101 I would like to know too. I am a private pilot and just getting into drones. I bought a Phantom4 Pro and I use real flight to learn to fly.

There are a bunch of mazes on swap and others with tons of indoor stuff. I have some of the Outer Limits Dead Ringers ones but I don't know if they are posted. Not my work so I won't put those up.

hi all

newbie here, have been lurking for quite a while :).

What is the best indoor drone in your opinion? Is there a difference at all between indoor and outdoor drones or is it just a made up categorization?

Im not a drone aficionado by any means. I fly them occasionally in RealFlight 7.5.
I do have a under $50 Indoor Outdoor Quad, with a Non Fpv camera. It fly's well, is stable, and was below the FCC registration weight limit. It also, only has about a 100 yard range. Bang for the buck its good cheap fun.

One thing that definitely makes a drone, a Indoor drone, is, if its controller is infrared, or IR. Sun light makes IR useless.
For out door you need RF, or Radio frequency.
Another thing is Size and Weight. You don't want to unleash, a bull in a china shop.
I would say prop guards for indoor use, is a Good Thing.
Out side, not so much. Prop guards can turn your drone, into A Christmas Ornament in a heart beat. Them trees are a lot taller then they look, when you have to figure out how your going to get your new toy back.

Back