Indoor Flying Fields

Larry A.

I've started this thread to inspire and promote the making of more Indoor Flying sites for G3.

I find that there are a lot of people that fly indoor, but may not know how to or where to download these particular types of flying fields.

I have one that I downloaded from this forum, I think, or a link from such, listed below, but I am getting tired of it and would like to see more. It would also be great for everyone that flies in a group to have the same fields so maybe this thread can be a look up table for who has what field before flying in groups. This is fun!

I am looking into, and reading up on, how to make panoramic seamless images, but have yet to fully understand the process of implementing them for use in G3.

I would encourage anyone that has made these types of indoor fields to share them in this thread, with the rest of us.

Some suggestions for Indoor Fields:

More GYMs,
but with uncluttered ceilings it makes it easier to see models that way.
Someone's 3 car garage?
Someone's Living Room? for tiny models (I particularly like flying the really tiny stuff and I'm modifying many G3 models to fit the MIA Palm-Size (TM) scale, from www.micro-flight.com
Someone's Basement, Den?
An indoor swimming pool? wouln't this be great for flying foamies or models equipped with floats?
A High School Shop? this would be an interesting field, especially if you have things you can actually crash with, items like a band saw or drill press, would make it an interesting challenge.
A Warehouse
An Airplane Hanger/Garage
A Hobby Show Flying Area with people around watching
An Indoor Miniature Golf Course

I mean, we can go nuts with options... but these should get anyone with similar interest going.

Attachments

• Sport hall preview.jpg
    Sport hall preview.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I also like indoor-fields but when hosting it takes a lot of time till people come in.
Many look and disconnect again. But if there are people its fun to fly.
After all the interest in indoor seems to be lower than outdoor from what i've experienced.

Hi,
I am a panoramic photographer and I wish to make flying sites for
the Great Planes flight simulator. Can you help? Do you know anyone
who can? Is the procedure for different versions of the simulator?

I have made some for the Phoenix Simulator, but do not know how
to make them for the Great Planes one.

Hi,

Once you have the picture on the computer, when in RF go to Simulation>Import>Raw Panoramic Image.
If the picture is too high res, it will not import.
I do not know what the highest possible res is though.

Hi,

Sorcha disregard Flare, as usual such posts are not very helpful.

For info on doing what you want see the following.

Click me!

Xf5u

I'm new to this. Have RF 7 and imported the XF5U Flying Pancake.

When it comes up on screen and I advance the throttle a little it shakes and looks like it is trying to back up. So I go even slower on the throttle and it just barely gets into the air and will not accelerate. It also doesn't respond to the flight controls and just falls out of the sky. Is it because it is a 3.5 version and won't work in RF 7? Would really like to get it working. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
https://forums.realflight.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

You posted in the Realflight G3 designer's corner, but the question really belongs under G7.

Anyway, yes the physics on the Flying Pancake have to be redone for G7.

I haven't looked to see if there is already an AV file up on the swap pages for it.

Thank you...would that be something the original builder of the file would have to do to get it to work in RF7?

Regards,
Paul

You can adjust the model yourself as far as the physics go. You just cant change the 3D model itself.

Back