Install Issues.

blackpearl

I am sure this has been posted several times in this forum and apologize in advance. I am operating on the following system: not sure if this info will help diagnose the issue. I installed RF Realflight Evolution and a steam account. when I open the game, this 1st issue I am having is that it cannot locate the controller (Interlink DX). 2nd issue, when loading the game, the tool bar for the menu briefly appears and then disappears. Plane on the runway and that's it. no sound, no activity from the controller. I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to file extension etc. hope someone can provider some guidance. Thanks in advance!

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX582ZM_UX582ZM
BIOS: UX582ZM.302 (type: UEFI)
Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H (20 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16074MB RAM
Page File: 10189MB used, 8316MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 240 DPI (250 percent)
System DPI Setting: 240 DPI (250 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.4
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode

------------

I suspect you are experiencing the issue where integrated graphics on 12th-gen (and later) Intel CPUs are not compatible with DirectX 9, which RealFlight requires. If your laptop does not have a dedicated graphics card, a workaround exists and it's easy for you to try it. Please view this thread for more info.

On the other hand, if your laptop does have a discrete graphics adapter, it's probably just not using it to run Evolution. There are other recent posts with more info about how to make your laptop use the correct graphics device, which will avoid the problem above.

If you still have controller issues after addressing the above: Did you purchase the full Evolution package with InterLink DX included? If so, there is probably a small USB hub included in that box. Hook that up in between your controller and your computer and see if that helps.

Back