Intel iGPU beta fix feedback thread

Installed the dxvk-intel-fix to my new HP laptop and still get that lone jet on the runway and nothing else. Installed the .dll into the RF9 directory, selected the Beta and nothing.

Running:
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1355U 1.70 GHz
Windows 11 Home
GeForce RTX 3050 card

What am I doing wrong? I noticed on my old Steam account there was (no longer able to use Steam on Win7) an RF9 and RF9S launcher. I don't see those in my Steam account anymore. Now RF page on Steam indicates that RF9S is not supported.

You have an Nvidia RTX3050 card on your PC, so Realflight 9 should run without the DXVK fix, (d3d9.dll) your computer is probably setup to run on the Integrated IGPU, Search for Nvidia Control Panel on your PC, click on "Configure Surround PhysX" and make sure the RTX 3050 card is selected (see pictures).
Also, in the Nvidia control panel, click on "Manage 3D Settings", now look in the right-side panel and click on "Program Settings", select "Add" scroll down the list to find and select Realflight 9, then hit the "Add Selected Program" icon, (that will force Steam to use the RTX3050 for RF9).
You may need to reboot your PC to apply the settings.

Another thing to try is open Steam, right click on Realflight 9 in your library, select "Properties", select "Installed Files", select "Verify Integrity of game files", Steam will scan and fix files as necessary.

Nvidia.jpgnvidia-1.jpg

Which version of Windows are those screen shots from?
On my new Asus laptop with Windows 11, I couldn't make any changes like that in the nVidia software, but instead I had to do it through the Windows settings. The idea is the same - telling Windows to use the nVidia card for a certain program rather than the basic Intel GPU - but the exact steps were different. This post has screen shots for how I had to do it.

Installed the dxvk-intel-fix to my new HP laptop and still get that lone jet on the runway and nothing else. Installed the .dll into the RF9 directory, selected the Beta and nothing.
Unfortunately, that workaround did not prove very effective for RealFlight 9.

Running:
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1355U 1.70 GHz
Windows 11 Home
GeForce RTX 3050 card
Some users above are already assisting with this, so I think you're in good hands. They're on the right track: for you, since you have a discrete graphics card, the fix is simply to tell your system to use it for RealFlight.

What am I doing wrong? I noticed on my old Steam account there was (no longer able to use Steam on Win7) an RF9 and RF9S launcher. I don't see those in my Steam account anymore. Now RF page on Steam indicates that RF9S is not supported.
RealFlight 9 is no longer available for sale through Steam because RealFlight Evolution superseded it. Anyone who already owns it can reinstall and use it as much as they want.

The RealFlight Launcher has never been a part of any of the Steam versions of RealFlight. The Steam client essentially replaces it and provides the same functionality--or most of it, while doing a lot more things, too. If you had a DVD version installed previously then that's probably what you're thinking of.

Windows 11, version 22H2

You have an Nvidia RTX3050 card on your PC, so Realflight 9 should run without the DXVK fix, (d3d9.dll) your computer is probably setup to run on the Integrated IGPU, Search for Nvidia Control Panel on your PC, click on "Configure Surround PhysX" and make sure the RTX 3050 card is selected (see pictures).
Also, in the Nvidia control panel, click on "Manage 3D Settings", now look in the right-side panel and click on "Program Settings", select "Add" scroll down the list to find and select Realflight 9, then hit the "Add Selected Program" icon, (that will force Steam to use the RTX3050 for RF9).

Another thing to try is open Steam, right click on Realflight 9 in your library, select "Properties", select "Installed Files", select "Verify Integrity of game files", Steam will scan and fix files as necessary.

View attachment 136970View attachment 136971

View attachment 136970View attachment 136971
HOLY BALLS! This worked! Thanks for the help!

Makes sense the video card settings had to be adjusted.

I was very disappointed to find that my RealFlight 8 would not work on my new laptop, apparently due to it not being compatible with Intel 13th Gen processors and consequently the version of DirectX supported. I eventually came across this thread and followed the instructions to add the d3d9.dll file to the RealFlight folder. It took a bit more Googling to find out where Steam placed the RealFlight program files (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight 8.

I’m absolutely delighted to say it worked and to say thank you to all those who contributed to this thread giving information on what needed to be done.

My system is: RealFlight 8, Windows 11, i5 – 1335U processor, Intel integrated graphics (Intel UHD)

That is interesting, I did not know Realflight8 was ever on Steam. (located in your Steamapps folder)
Good to hear you are enjoying the simulator again.

More data and possibly useful.
TLDR; Try a USB2 port if you have it.

Just did a new system build:
AMD 7800X3D CPU
48 GB DDR5 RAM
Intel ARC 770A GPU
Windows 11 Pro (64bit) Everything fully up to date.
Installed Realflight 9.5S
No controller (controls not working at all)
If you try to access the select controller in the menu the software hard freezes and no responding message in the menubar and task manager.
Only thing you could do is kill the process from task manager.
No difference if running the Intel iGPU beta fix or not running it.
Just a hard and obvious freeze and no control.
Tried plugging into a USB 2.0 port (not available on the back of the computer). had to use a USB connected to one of the motherboard
USB2 headers.
This works perfectly fine and doesn't matter if running the beta or not.

Did I stumble across anything useful here?
Surprisingly little chatter on this topic.
I've not had an opportunity to get a new machine gen12,13,14 with integrated graphics to try this "USB2 fix" on.
But it was indeed "the fix" for me with an Intel ARC 770.
Beta drivers made not difference whatsoever.
And I had the exact problem described by everyone here with integrated Intel GFX.

Surprisingly little interest in this topic and if I stumbled across a new fix that has not been discussed or noticed yet.
I'll get around to testing this on integrated graphics when I have a chance.
Or even sooner if anyone cared about it much.
Seems like am on to something major at least as far and Intel ARC GPUs are concerned.

@N8LBV, I'm not sure what is causing what you saw, but it sounds like some kind of USB issue. I do think it's safe to say that despite manifesting similarly, it is not related to the issue with some graphics adapter/driver combinations being unable to run DirectX 9 software.

@Ryan Douglas Thanks for the reply.
Can you clarity if the problem is expected on Intel ARC dedicated GPUs? or is it only happening with CPU integrated graphics?
And only gen12 or newer?
I'm having some difficulty getting my hands on a gen 12,13,14 Desktop with only integrated GFX lately.
I have a couple of gen 14 builds on the horizon that I may be able to try this with.
The machine I was testing on was a Gen10-I9 with a dedicated ARC770A GPU.
And refused to work not matter what on the USB3 and USBC capable ports.
But worked fine on USB2 motherboard header ports.
For what it's worth, when I dropped an NVIDIA 4070 into that same Gen10 machine the USB3 ports worked fine in RF9.5s
But would not with the ARC770A.
Problem persisted with clean windows install and driver updates etc.
Might be a one-off on my end but it's weird.
Possibly a datapoint we did not have before.
I also get that if you have a laptop that you will not have the option to simply try a USB2 port.
Unless the port can be forced to USB2 or some kind of legacy mode in the BIOS.
And most laptop BIOS do not have access to any kinds of advanced settings like this.
-sg

@Ryan Douglas Thanks for the reply.
Can you clarity if the problem is expected on Intel ARC dedicated GPUs? or is it only happening with CPU integrated graphics?
And only gen12 or newer?
I'm having some difficulty getting my hands on a gen 12,13,14 Desktop with only integrated GFX lately.
I have a couple of gen 14 builds on the horizon that I may be able to try this with.
The machine I was testing on was a Gen10-I9 with a dedicated ARC770A GPU.
And refused to work not matter what on the USB3 and USBC capable ports.
But worked fine on USB2 motherboard header ports.
For what it's worth, when I dropped an NVIDIA 4070 into that same Gen10 machine the USB3 ports worked fine in RF9.5s
But would not with the ARC770A.
Problem persisted with clean windows install and driver updates etc.
Might be a one-off on my end but it's weird.
Possibly a datapoint we did not have before.
I also get that if you have a laptop that you will not have the option to simply try a USB2 port.
Unless the port can be forced to USB2 or some kind of legacy mode in the BIOS.
And most laptop BIOS do not have access to any kinds of advanced settings like this.
-sg
I could also try the integrated GFX on that gen10 i9 but probably pointless since it's gen10.

I finally got a chance to try RF9.5S on a new 14700K integrated graphics.
Everything fully up to date.
Does not work as expected.
Have there been any developments on this or any new information?
This is still a currently supported product.
Thanks.

Back