Intel iGPU beta fix feedback thread

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is for users to report their results using the DXVK-based beta build described here. Please provide feedback, whether good or bad, to help us learn how well this approach works.

Does RealFlight run successfully now with no apparent graphics-related issues? Please post and let us know! If we only hear the bad, we’ll reach an incorrect verdict based on the skewed data.

Does RealFlight run better than before, but still has certain issues? Please describe what they are in as much detail as possible, including exactly what happens and when.

Is there no difference compared to the non-beta version of RealFlight? Does it still fail in exactly the same ways as before? Confirm you followed the steps properly and see “[dxvk-intel-fix]” next to the product name in your library (see attached screenshot). If so, let us know that it did not work.

Please include your basic system specs in your post. Specifically, we’re interested in the following:
  • CPU (e.g., i3-6100T, i7-13700K)
  • Windows version (7/8/10/11)
  • Intel driver version (e.g., 31.0.101.4034)

Attachments

• Steam client_dxvk branch name.png
    Steam client_dxvk branch name.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 29
After loading the beta build-

9.5s update still gives me the greyed out a menu and a lone aircraft on the runway I can’t control

Evolution loads half way and the I get an unexpected warning pop up and it stops.

Guess I just wait for the next update?

Please share your system specs - CPU, Windows version, and Intel graphics driver version.
You can get the CPU model number and the graphics driver version from Device Manger. Run Device Manager, then look under "Processor" to see the model of the CPU (it's listed several times, once for each core), and then look under "Display Adapters" to find your Intel Graphics device. Right-click and go to Properties to see the driver version number on the "Driver" tab of the Properties window.

We do not yet have sufficient data to know if this workaround helps with RealFlight 9. Hopefully you can help a little bit with that!

You need to have 9.5S to follow the directions linked to above and easily obtain the beta version, but you can still manually accomplish the same thing. There should be nothing about your earlier version that would make it behave differently than 9.5S in response to the DXVK .dll's presence.

1. Download the attached .zip. It contains the 32-bit version of the DXVK .dll.
    1. If you prefer you can get it for yourself straight from the source. Typically that is the safest approach, but in this case I'm adding it here in my official capacity, and you either trust us enough to run software we provide or you don't. ;)
  2. Unzip the downloaded file and extract its contents.
  3. Place d3d9.dll in your RealFlight 9 installation directory. By default this would be C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight9.
    1. Do NOT place it in your Windows system32 directory or anywhere else! This could break Windows.
    2. Windows might prevent you from extracting the file directly to the RF directory. If that happens, simply extract it into a temporary directory somewhere else first, then copy it from there into \RealFlight9.
  4. Run RealFlight.
Please report back with your results!

You can simply delete d3d9.dll to return your 9.50.038 installation to its previous state.

Attachments

• d3d9.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Dang!
Nobody's tried or reported back on this yet?
I don't have a gen12 or 13 Intel handy to try this one right now.
But will pretty soon.
That would be really nice if it works.

This potential fix seems like a big deal.
Yet I'm seeing no feedback or reports on it here.
Is the discussion/reports somewhere else?
Hard to believe nobody has gen12/13 Intel graphics or Intel ARC.
I'll try it soon as I get a chance to.
But it's been since Jan 25 and nobody reporting back here?

Please share your system specs - CPU, Windows version, and Intel graphics driver version.
You can get the CPU model number and the graphics driver version from Device Manger. Run Device Manager, then look under "Processor" to see the model of the CPU (it's listed several times, once for each core), and then look under "Display Adapters" to find your Intel Graphics device. Right-click and go to Properties to see the driver version number on the "Driver" tab of the Properties window.
Windows 11 Home
Lenovo 82SF
12th Gen Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-1255U
Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Any help is appreciated

Open Device manager, look under "Display Adapters" to find your Intel Graphics device. Right-click and go to Properties to see the driver version number on the "Driver" tab of the Properties window. What driver version is listed?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-19 161159.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-19 161159.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 26
Wow, thank you very much. I had the same problem with 12th Gen Intel on a Laptop. Downloaded your zip file and Real Flight 9 ist working perfekt.

How to obtain the beta version? I didn't find the link
  • CPU (i9-12900h lenvo laptop)
  • Windows 11
  • Intel driver version (e.g., 31.0.101.4091)
  • steam version
I follow the post above copy d3d9.dll to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight 9
it still fail in exactly the same ways as before :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-23 231725.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-23 231725.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 17
How to Get the Beta Build
  1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new versions.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution/RealFlight 9.5S in your Steam library, then select Properties...
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select "dxvk-intel-fix".
  6. Close the Properties dialog.
  7. Steam will now download the new version (which will be a very small download).
Thanks to user @asj5547 for bringing this workaround to our attention!

How to Get the Beta Build
  1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new versions.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution/RealFlight 9.5S in your Steam library, then select Properties...
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select "dxvk-intel-fix".
  6. Close the Properties dialog.
  7. Steam will now download the new version (which will be a very small download).
Thanks to user @asj5547 for bringing this workaround to our attention!
Thanks (y)

• CPU (i9-12900h lenvo laptop)
  • Windows 11
  • Intel driver version (e.g., 31.0.101.4091)
  • steam version

• beta version still not work:(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-25 201821.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 201821.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 7
Hello everyone, Ive had my Real Flight since I purchased my ASUS ROG laptop approx. 6 months ago. Ive had the same issues described here (greyed out controls after initial startup, plane on the runway with no welcome screen and no response from the controller). My computer specs are as follows:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 TI Laptop GPU
12th GEN Intel Core I9-12900H Processor
Windows 11HOME

Has there been any updates that haven't been posted yet that will solve the problem?
I tried the Beta but still have the same issues.

Realflight 9 and RF9s used to work normally on my PC using the Intel Gen.12 IGPU, that was until RF9 (the copy on my hard drive) crashed and requested to be activated again, ever since then all I get (with both RF9 and RF9s) is the greyed out start up screen and the aircraft sitting there lifeless, none of the DXVK dll's have any effect, it appears that RF9s needs RF9 to be activated and coexist on the hard drive.
Of course, RF9 cannot be reactivated since I accepted the Steam key option, but the only reason I took the Steam key was the pretense of retaining a copy of RF9 on the hard drive, and yes, I used the none Steam version the most, (now I can't).
RF9s works okay with my Nvidia GPU, the RF9 hard drive copy does not work. (activation)
RF Evolution works well with the 12th Gen. Intel IGPU.

Back