Interlink Controller Problems

jdlindsey84

I have RF 4.5. I haven't installed or used the software for the past two years. I just reinstalled it on a new Windows 7 Pro build, but the Interlink controller is acting wierd. I am running Windows 7 with an Athlon 64 3800 processor, 4 GB memory, and a Radeon 6450 with 1 GB memory.

When I calibrate the controller, ch 1 only shows a range of -33%/2%. Ch 2 has full control (-99%/98%) but is also controlling ch1 at the same time. When ch 2 is -99%, ch 1 goes to 93%. When ch 2 is put to 98%, ch 1 goes to -96%.

I have tried to fly some of the heli's but the control is so bad I cannot fly. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Doug...

Well, standard line around here is call tech support.
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=22007

But since they are closed..... Get ready for a bunch of strangers suggesting stuff..... :D

Does the Interlink work on a different USB port?
Does the Interlink work on another computer?
Have you ever dropped or breathed funny at the controller?
Are you using a Hub?
Have you tried updating the Software to the latest version via the Launcher?

OK, here goes ...

I have tried several USB ports on the front of my machine. I am not using a USB hub. I have never dropped the controller or looked at it cross-eyed. It has been in the original packaging for the past two years. I don't have another computer to try it on.

No, I have not tried to update the SW yet. I will try that now.

Upgrade to latest version is installed. I tried to calibrate the controller again, trying ch 1 first. I had full range -100 to 99 ... and then I calibrated ch 2. As soon as I did that, ch 1 went weird again, acting exactly as it did in the original post.

Did you go into the Windows Control Panel and calibrate the controller there?

You should.

If you did, does this same behaviour appear there?

In 10+ years of using RF, I have never calibrated my Interlink in Windows. It can help identify whether you have a problem with the RF program, or the Interlink.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 12
I have RF 4.5. I haven't installed or used the software for the past two years. I just reinstalled it on a new Windows 7 Pro build, but the Interlink controller is acting wierd. I am running Windows 7 with an Athlon 64 3800 processor, 4 GB memory, and a Radeon 6450 with 1 GB memory.

When I calibrate the controller, ch 1 only shows a range of -33%/2%. Ch 2 has full control (-99%/98%) but is also controlling ch1 at the same time. When ch 2 is -99%, ch 1 goes to 93%. When ch 2 is put to 98%, ch 1 goes to -96%.

I have tried to fly some of the heli's but the control is so bad I cannot fly. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Doug...

I have just bought a 2nd hand version of G4.5 and I have the same problem but my elevator is controlling throttle as well. I have sent of a email to support, Hoping for a easy fix!!!! Wanna start using it.

Did you find anything to fix it at all? @jdlindsey84

Last edited:
Back