Interlink.DX Simulator controller doesn't work

CrazyPilot64

I tried all my USB2 and USB3 ports. No reaction. No error on device manager.
Controller is well connected (orange light)

As I understand it from past threads, the interlink dx is a high current device. A powered hub that does not rely on power from the mother board exclusively will likely be the solution.

Look at your device and printer control panel settings and drill down on your DX controller properties to check that everything looks like it’s working ok with all axis’s. You may want to do a calibration as well. Then just make sure it’s connected before starting up RF. I find my DX controller works fine with both usb2/3. Sometimes a little better on usb2 for some reason?

I tried all my USB2 and USB3 ports. No reaction. No error on device manager.
Controller is well connected (orange light)
Open and run Real Flight. Under 'Simulation' go to 'Select Controller' Left click and display will appear on the screen. Click the 'Profile' and the options will display. scroll through the available options and select your choice. After selecting, you may have to hit the refresh button. You can use the 'Edit' and 'Calibrate' buttons to go to the screens. this should allow you to configure the controller to your preference.

As I understand it from past threads, the interlink dx is a high current device. A powered hub that does not rely on power from the mother board exclusively will likely be the solution.
I simply plug mine into a USB port on the front of the computer case and it works fine.

I am new to the Realflight 9.5 and I ordered it with the DXs I'm not sure I got what I thought I was getting. It connects with usb great but I just read some of the posts and my question before I read them was I thought I would be able to put in like dual rates an like set up the throttle/flaps/elevator pitch settings for flaps or go around but I'm thinking that I will not be able to do in the DXs. I then thought ok I'll use my own controller the DX6 which is not exactly new but then in reading the posts it seems using this controller is a headache to get the switches to work what you what it to?????? but I thought I would be able to se the dual rates and flap/elevator throttle mix so I don't have to deal with the pitch ups. But maybe there is a way and I just have missed it.

I assume the DX controller is not the DXs controller as there are no push controls or sliders and limited switches?

If there is a way to do mixes could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sterk03

I am new to the Realflight 9.5 and I ordered it with the DXs I'm not sure I got what I thought I was getting. It connects with usb great but I just read some of the posts and my question before I read them was I thought I would be able to put in like dual rates an like set up the throttle/flaps/elevator pitch settings for flaps or go around but I'm thinking that I will not be able to do in the DXs. I then thought ok I'll use my own controller the DX6 which is not exactly new but then in reading the posts it seems using this controller is a headache to get the switches to work what you what it to?????? but I thought I would be able to se the dual rates and flap/elevator throttle mix so I don't have to deal with the pitch ups. But maybe there is a way and I just have missed it.

I assume the DX controller is not the DXs controller as there are no push controls or sliders and limited switches?

If there is a way to do mixes could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sterk03

the dual rates, mixes, and expos are all handle by RF internally on a plane-by-plane basis. they can be set up and tweaked in the plane editor. the editor is powerful once mastered but can be daunting to learn. dual rates and expos are done 99.999% of the time in the radio tab. simple mixes can be done in the radio or electronics tab by adding a second input in a specific output channel or a mixer in the electronics tab.

the DX6 + a dongle or a cable can do human interface for rf, but it has the capability to the mixing that rf handles natively and rf needs to be told which channels do what as each company has the own special sauce for reversing and channel mapping

the interlink-DX is a human interface device for a computer, switch and button but no "brains" to do mixing, dual rates, or expo as rf handles that internally

2022-02-14 00_56_31-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
2022-02-14 00_56_44-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
2022-02-14 00_57_34-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
2022-02-14 00_57_09-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg

the dual rates, mixes, and expos are all handle by RF internally on a plane-by-plane basis. they can be set up and tweaked in the plane editor. the editor is powerful once mastered but can be daunting to learn. dual rates and expos are done 99.999% of the time in the radio tab. simple mixes can be done in the radio or electronics tab by adding a second input in a specific output channel or a mixer in the electronics tab.

the DX6 + a dongle or a cable can do human interface for rf, but it has the capability to the mixing that rf handles natively and rf needs to be told which channels do what as each company has the own special sauce for reversing and channel mapping

the interlink-DX is a human interface device for a computer, switch and button but no "brains" to do mixing, dual rates, or expo as rf handles that internally

View attachment 127950
View attachment 127951
View attachment 127952
View attachment 127953

Ok Thanks for the info. I use the DX and on the carbon C-150 2m I got the dual rates but on go arounds or flap extension I have to deal with the pitch up/down and more with throttle. I was just wondering how that is controlled. Not sure I want to mess with my controller to fly it. I guess I can just do the best with it. I thought I was missing a section where I could go through a menu just like the real controller and add in what I want.

Thanks very much for the info, I appreciate Thanks

Sterk03

View attachment 127950
View attachment 127951
View attachment 127952
View attachment 127953
@legoman Thank you for your post. I have questions similar to @sterk03 and your response helped a lot. The RF9.5S manual talks about the RF software programming but does not explain how to modify the settings. That said, I still have two questions:

1. some planes have "mixers" in the electronics section and some do not. Do you think it correct to assume that for those without mixers that one is basically out of luck in adding flap:elevator mixing? For example, the Viper 70 blooms with flaps but has no mixer. I assume I will just have to live with the blooming?

2. I want all rates on one switch. The configuration model for the Spektrum Interlink DX wants to put rates on three different switches. Would this be where I would use the electronics tab for additional inputs? I have not had much luck with this yet but I am still somewhat confused by the approach.

Thank you.

@legoman Thank you for your post. I have questions similar to @sterk03 and your response helped a lot. The RF9.5S manual talks about the RF software programming but does not explain how to modify the settings. That said, I still have two questions:

1. some planes have "mixers" in the electronics section and some do not. Do you think it correct to assume that for those without mixers that one is basically out of luck in adding flap:elevator mixing? For example, the Viper 70 blooms with flaps but has no mixer. I assume I will just have to live with the blooming?

2. I want all rates on one switch. The configuration model for the Spektrum Interlink DX wants to put rates on three different switches. Would this be where I would use the electronics tab for additional inputs? I have not had much luck with this yet but I am still somewhat confused by the approach.

Thank you.

a mixer can be added so there is Flap elevator mixing or it could be done in the radio with a second input channel on the output channel 2. if you end up using a mixer you would need to change the input for the elevator servo from reciever channel 2 to the mixer. I would not say the blooming would ever be nonexistent as airspeed changes nut it should not jump in the air

the other question "I want all rates on one switch. " I think they are already set up on one switch. I only use the interlink-x (not DX) so maybe that is why I see them on one switch not three.

the electronics tab is what is on the plane servos, gyros, etc. and radio is well the radio or what is not flying.

give it some time it is confusing to new users. but it is possible to figure out. i am still learning things 14 years of flying in RF later.

2022-11-05 19_29_33-Aircraft Editor - B-25 Mitchell RCS 250.jpg2022-11-05 19_29_57-Aircraft Editor - B-25 Mitchell RCS 250.jpg2022-11-05 19_30_11-Aircraft Editor - B-25 Mitchell RCS 250.jpg2022-11-05 19_31_00-RealFlight Evolution.jpg

the other question "I want all rates on one switch. " I think they are already set up on one switch. I only use the interlink-x (not DX) so maybe that is why I see them on one switch not three.
@legoman Thank you. I had been using the interlink-x controller with RF9 and 9.5S but decided to upgrade to RF Evolution and wanted the controller to mimic my actual RC transmitters (DX8 Gen 2, IX12). Now I'm frustrated as it seems like a step backwards...

Thanks for the images on mixing. I agree that blooming is somewhat dependent on air speed. The Viper RF model blooms just a little more than I would like and it has no mixing option in the radio tab. FYI, my real foamy Viper also bloomed a little until I added some elev:flap mixing. Guess that shows that the plane physics simulation is fairly accurate!

@legoman THANK YOU!! your description and images provided the keys for me to understand how to program an airplane! I now have aileron, elevator, and rudder all on one rate switch. Also I have flap:elevator mixing and maybe tomorrow I will also add landing gear:elevator mixing :) .

Back