is there an age limit for learning to fly

I will let you get away with that. No ONE ELSE! :)
I fully well know that you cannot tell someone else how to raise their child.

Man it's guys that you that honestly make me glad I came back (to some extent [as in, being active-ish and creating content {though not finishing any}]) to the forum and help others. Cheers 12!

Just thought i would give a little update on how the little one is doing... I started him on The Real flight Sim.. and he was doing only OK... he seemed to think of it as a game and was having fun crashing the planes... once i convinced him the object was to NOT crash the planes he started doing better... by the next weekend i came home from work one day and he had been flying by himself for i don't know how many days, but he had decided he liked flying Helicopters better then the planes... he still flies the planes, but the Helios are more of a challenge for him... I had to have him show me before i completely believed he was actually flying the Helios... I couldn't believe it, he was actually flying them... so i started trying them out and they are REALLY challenging... but i'm actually able to fly them a little...I don't have very good control with them, and he doesn't either, but we are flying them... ..Also, after reading all your comments, and flying the RF simm, I am not planning on taking him out to try and fly the real thing for quiet some time... and i do have a place to fly that is very far away from anyone or anything....I'm going to make sure he is very good at flying the RF before trying that though...Thanks for all your comments...

Just thought i would give a little update on how the little one is doing... I started him on The Real flight Sim.. and he was doing only OK... he seemed to think of it as a game and was having fun crashing the planes... once i convinced him the object was to NOT crash the planes he started doing better... by the next weekend i came home from work one day and he had been flying by himself for i don't know how many days, but he had decided he liked flying Helicopters better then the planes... he still flies the planes, but the Helios are more of a challenge for him... I had to have him show me before i completely believed he was actually flying the Helios... I couldn't believe it, he was actually flying them... so i started trying them out and they are REALLY challenging... but i'm actually able to fly them a little...I don't have very good control with them, and he doesn't either, but we are flying them... ..Also, after reading all your comments, and flying the RF simm, I am not planning on taking him out to try and fly the real thing for quiet some time... and i do have a place to fly that is very far away from anyone or anything....I'm going to make sure he is very good at flying the RF before trying that though...Thanks for all your comments...
That's fantastic! When I started I kept crashing instantly, until I discovered I could get the plane in the air, and then crash it. And then get it even higher, and crash it. And then I decided that crashing got boring so I started actually flying it lol. But that's awesome and please post video of when he starts flying

Hey, that is great!!

Back