"Jaggies" Driving Me Nuts

Aros

Hi folks, I recently bought Evolution and I cannot get rid of the "jaggies" on the models/objects. I have a very robust graphics machine with an GeForce RTX 3080, powerful enough to fly MSFS on max settings with a good frame rate, yet in Real Flight, the jaggies are ever-present, and trust me I have tried everything. From the Nvidia control panel where I can force the antialias settings, from within Real Flight itself, you name it, I've tried it and nothing works. Massive Good Karma points for anyone who can help! Thank you in advance!

I've changed the resolution to different settings to no avail. Attached is a screen shot of the jaggies, and my system info. Thanks again for trying to help!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture11.JPG
    Capture11.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 42
I've changed the resolution to different settings to no avail. Attached is a screen shot of the jaggies, and my system info. Thanks again for trying to help!
Have you checked the resolution where I mentioned in my post? RealFlight sets the resolution itself and that's where you check it and set it. I've had the same jaggies before and my resolution in that area was set to 1280x720. I don't know if that's your problem but check it there.

Yes when I first went to that section, it was set on the lowest setting, so I changed it to one of the highest (to match my monitor resolution) and it only succeeded in making the menu huge and I couldn't even see the airplane on the runway. So I bumped it down a few notches from the highest and while I can see everything again, the jaggies are still there. I suppose I could go one-by-one, down the list to see if there's some magical sweet spot?

Yes when I first went to that section, it was set on the lowest setting, so I changed it to one of the highest (to match my monitor resolution) and it only succeeded in making the menu huge and I couldn't even see the airplane on the runway. So I bumped it down a few notches from the highest and while I can see everything again, the jaggies are still there. I suppose I could go one-by-one, down the list to see if there's some magical sweet spot?
What's your monitor's native resolution?

Also, understand that setting the resolution there only affects full-screen mode. If you run RF in a window, even one that takes up the full screen, you'll be running at whatever resolution your Windows system is running at. Press Alt-Enter to toggle between windowed mode and full-screen mode.

As was just asked, you should set the resolution to match the resolution of your monitor. Then when you go into full-screen mode. everything should look proper.

Also, understand that setting the resolution there only affects full-screen mode. If you run RF in a window, even one that takes up the full screen, you'll be running at whatever resolution your Windows system is running at. Press Alt-Enter to toggle between windowed mode and full-screen mode.

As was just asked, you should set the resolution to match the resolution of your monitor. Then when you go into full-screen mode. everything should look proper.

When I do that, everything blows up. I took a screen shot...

Attachments

• 2023-01-31.png
    2023-01-31.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
Yeah mine is only 1920x1200 so it's pretty small these days. Hopefully someone with a higher-end monitor like yours will chime in and help you with this. Have you called their tech support?

Not yet. I came across someone with the same issue as mine from an earlier version and he stated he spent hours with tech support and ultimately they couldn't help either. I think it's an incompatibility with newer PCs with high monitor resolution?

If I take it out of full window mode it does look better. Still jaggies, but at least I can see the entire screen/runway/menu.

Some models do look less jaggie than others. The Top Flite Corsair looks fairly decent versus the E-flight 80mm F-16....Here's the samples...

Attachments

• 2023-01-31 (2).png
    2023-01-31 (2).png
    5.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 2023-01-31 (3).png
    2023-01-31 (3).png
    5.7 MB · Views: 26
What does the F-16 look like in the vehicle editor? Do you still see the jagged edges?

Attachments

• f-16.jpg
    f-16.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 18
Not too bad. A little bit but nothing like how it shows in the flight settings...

Attachments

• 2023-02-01.png
    2023-02-01.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
I want to thank you all for your help. I've decided to get a refund from Steam. I'll check back to this thread periodically in case someone comes up with the solution. Thanks again!

I just saw this Thread. I don't know how you have the aliasing as bad as you do if you have everything turned up....I litterally set my Graphics to Highest in the sim and adjusted the Graphics in my GPU Driver to the highest settings available and I get excellent graphics in RF and everywhere else. Capture.JPG

That is the mystery my friend. I have done both and it's still jaggedy. I've literally run out of options and ideas. My computer is a gaming machine meant for ridiculously high graphic demands/FPS...I fly a MUCH more robust system with MSFS in Ultra settings, and can fly through a highly rendered city on max in a top payware jet with hardly any stuttering or massive drop in FPS...Yet try to get my dang F-16 to look smooth in Real Flight? Forget it. LOL!

Real flight has rather bad AA system. or really none to speak of in engine. So what I had to do was, right click on the desktop and open up Nvidia control panel. manage 3d settings. either set it to where it effects your gobal settings or add real flight directly. But go into the settings and turn on all AA settings as high as your frame rates will allow make sure Nvidia is over riding Real flight and hit apply and ok. that should take care of your jaggies or at least it did mine.

Back