Juke

technoid

I haven't found a real plane I want to model so I thought I'd do something to kill some time. It's called Juke and has a 125 inch wingspan with a 50cc 4-Stroke Twin for power. It's a trike and will have simple retracts without gear doors. Just something to work on. I borrowed parts from a couple of different planes and have modified them just a bit. It will also have rib cages so you can see some bones. I've also worked on the tires so the side wall has a bulge so they're not flat on the sides. I don't have a picture of that now but I'll post one later. But here's a shot of where I'm at right now.

Attachments

• Juke 01.jpg
    Juke 01.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 24
I haven't found a real plane I want to model so I thought I'd do something to kill some time. It's called Juke and has a 125 inch wingspan with a 50cc 4-Stroke Twin for power. It's a trike and will have simple retracts without gear doors. Just something to work on. I borrowed parts from a couple of different planes and have modified them just a bit. It will also have rib cages so you can see some bones. I've also worked on the tires so the side wall has a bulge so they're not flat on the sides. I don't have a picture of that now but I'll post one later. But here's a shot of where I'm at right now.

Looks like it will be fast.

Reminded me of a guy I knew called Juke Joint Johnny. He traveled around with two actual wolves buying and selling arcade equipment.

I mentioned adding a bulge to the tire's sidewall here's a picture for you. I didn't round it out like a balloon but like the typical tire has.

Attachments

• Juke 02.jpg
    Juke 02.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 12
Looks like a Kaos fuselage, Sig Four Star tail feathers, and Great Planes Escapade wing.

Have owned all three - all good fliers!

Looks like a Kaos fuselage, Sig Four Star tail feathers, and Great Planes Escapade wing.

Have owned all three - all good fliers!

Ha.. you nailed it. I'm also planning to round out the end of the wing like the Kaos so they're not square cut.

So here's a question...

Which would take less time...

A. Carving and sanding two nice Kaos wingtips out of balsa blocks

B. Creating a model of the wingtips for 3D printing

I have no experience with "B" so what do you think?

So here's a question...

Which would take less time...

A. Carving and sanding two nice Kaos wingtips out of balsa blocks

B. Creating a model of the wingtips for 3D printing

I have no experience with "B" so what do you think?

Ha.. I don't have any experience with 3D printers so I could probably do the sanding faster.

Ha.. I don't have any experience with 3D printers so I could probably do the sanding faster.

You were supposed to say "B" so I could use your post to convince my wife that if I had a 3d printer, it would give me more time for other things... Oh well...

I was planning to round off the wing tips so I did that this morning. Here's some renders for you.

Attachments

• Juke 05.jpg
    Juke 05.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Juke 06.jpg
    Juke 06.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Juke 07.jpg
    Juke 07.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6
For some reason, the overhead view reminds me of an airplane call "The Hots" from the late 80's, early 90's. I think it's the narrow fuselage maybe. Those planes were about as close as you could get to 3D flying back then.

For some reason, the overhead view reminds me of an airplane call "The Hots" from the late 80's, early 90's. I think it's the narrow fuselage maybe. Those planes were about as close as you could get to 3D flying back then.

Yep I remember The Hots a very cool plane back in the day.

I did a test to see if the plane looks better with square ailerons instead of tapered. So which do you like the best?

Attachments

• Juke 08.jpg
    Juke 08.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 12
Back