Just My Opinion

Jerry Campbell

Hello Friends,
After 4 months with Real Flight Basic I have an opinion from experience.
First , I too was very disappointed there was no help of any kind. As a complete novice to RC everything, the only thing I knew was that I wanted to fly heli's. I wanted so bad for someone to tell me something. As I look back I realize there was nothing you could have told me that would have done me any good. There is a lot to understanding, building, repairing, and setting up Radio Control Helicopters to fly. All of it necessary information. None of that is the job of the flight simulator. All of that information and much more is on the forums and youtube. To begin with there must be a combination of simulator time and study. In fact the lack of bells and whistles and video games actually helped me learn much faster. When I sit down at the simulator I can choose plane or heli but there are really only two choices, fly or crash. I didn't need to be distracted by all the many settings and choices of things to do or fancy places to fly. I have been flying a 450 heli now for a couple of months, not fancy tricks but in the air and not crashing. That I have to thank you for.
The other day there was a buddy boxing day at the local club field. I decided to check it out. No heli's, all planes. I had never flown an RC plane before. Only on the simulator. It was a very windy day and the plane was not that easy to fly I understand but I did it without freaking the other guy out or crashing his plane. Once again I have you to thank for that.
So the bottom line is I think you have an excellent product and I am so glad I picked Real Flight Basic as my first flight instructor. It has turned a "know nothing" into a pilot.
Thanks Again
Onward and Upward
Jerry Campbell
Summit, Or

Congrats man, always nice to see someone new to the hobby that still has the itch ;)

Last edited:
Back