just to be clear

freddyl

I came across my rfg2 simulator last week.disc and controller still boxed like it was 10 years ago.obviously from reading,it is no longer supported for todays os. mine is a windows 7 64 bit. I want to start using it so ill be searching craigslist for a laptop with an older os on it. Will any os from xp down suffice? does it matter what service pack is installed with each system?Just want to be clear before I buy.Thanks for help.Im also a new member so hey to everyone.

I would try this thread first. If it doesn't work then I wouldn't bother with G2 as for the price of the laptop you could get you a copy of 7.5 with a new interlink controller. I think it goes for $170.00 now.

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited:
ill try it if I can get the patch.also my os is a 64 bit.the os in the link you sent me was a 32 os.dont know if it matters or not.Thanks anyway.

I ALL, RealFlight versions,(to date) install AS, 32 Bit, Even on systems running Windows 7, "64 Bit".
In Windows 7, 64 Bit; RealFlight should be installed into: Program Files (x86), Which is Designed For, 32 Bit programs.
Heres a link, which confirms that: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001266.htm

FWIW. I Have RealFlight, G4 w/G4.5 upgrade, and RF7 w/7.5 upgrade, installed on a Laptop, running Windows 7, Home Premium, 64 Bit.
The file path in Windows 7 is:
Computer>Local Disk (C: )>Program Files (x86)>RealFlightG4>... &
Computer>Local Disk (C: )>Program Files (x86)>RealFlight7>...

Last edited:
Back