Kaos

I think this pretty much does it. I think I got the AV flying decent enough for a plane I've never flown. Norton Let me know if there are any decals that you may want on this one. The tail looks pretty bare.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1313558351.jpg
    ScreenShot1313558351.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 27
  • ScreenShot1313558788.jpg
    ScreenShot1313558788.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ScreenShot1313558903.jpg
    ScreenShot1313558903.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 34
Nice! :)

The only thing I can think of for the tail would be a O.S. Engine decal. I'll look for one in the mourning.

Boof,

Just a quick question on your inner rib detail. Did you have to shrink the size of your ribs so that the surface rendering didn't get confused in the sim? I've had this problem in the past with several planes I did like the E-Flite Ascent and also the B-1B Lancer when polygons are in very close proximity.

The effect I would get is a fluttering image of underlying surfaces. The ribbing did this bad on the first versions of the Ascent until I fixed it, but the B-1B Lancer looks like it has water vapor forming over the trailing surfaces of the main wings due to the ailerons being so close to the pockets in the wings. It may also be the flaps attemtping to show through.

I'm just curious as to how things turned out for you at least initially since you have so much rib detail.

The effect your talking about is Z fighting where polys at or near the same proximity fight each other to show on top. Thanks to Jeff and others I knew about this problem beforehand and set the skin of the wing larger than the internals. Even so I still had minimal problem with it. I went between max and RF twice before it was right. It was surprising how far away from each other the two surfaces had to be, but it is absolutely unnoticeable in RF. I cannot find any evidence of Z fighting anymore.

When I made the Eratix, I duplicated the main component to make the internals. The first thing I did was to set the internal to 99% size. Then I looked over the entire object and moved faces and vertices of the internal structure just to the inside of the external structure, where needed.

I too duplicated the wing. Then I hid the skin and made the internals. Then I un-hid the skin and enlarged. "Six of one half dozen of the other"

@Norton I applied the "Kaos" decal on the tail, but the red was blending in too well with the plane so I changed it to green. Cool?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1313600699.jpg
    ScreenShot1313600699.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 26
Did you check out the the updated version I sent you? If you like it I think it's ready for the swaps.

Some of the cool things I have seen on this plane are the working servo horns and control rods and control horns, and I just noticed the carb throttle arm works and the carb barrel rotates. Whoa.

I crashed hard and saw the servo wires had ripped leaving exposed ends. :D

Lots of cool details on this plane like the balsa texture, serrated needle valve, servo wires, linkages, steering gear and spring, wheels are cool, switch on the side of the fuselage, etc. It's a pretty neat model! :cool:

maybe

[QUOTE from Jeffpn]Looks like there'll be an oversized AV posted soon.[/QUOTE]

This midget version is hard to see. :cool:

Back