KEError 32494 how to fix?

P

pathogen202

Please Help.

I am installing G2 on an XP SP2 machine and cannot get it to run. It asks me to insert my G2 Disk. When i do, it does absolutely nothing. After waiting, i tell it to cancel and it gives me the KEError 32494. I have read in the forums about this problem and have made sure that the drive letter is correct. Nothing i have done seems to work.

What is the correct solution to this problem??

Please Help

Well, maybe the following information will help other people having this problem.
I contacted customer support, it took awhile to get through but they were completely helpful and solved my dilema. The problem with my installation, and I gather theres many like me, was firmware. The realflight programs were written in the late 90's before my particular DVD-RW drive even existed. The program does a cd authentification on the first run. Since my particular drive is more complex than drives when the game was written, it was failing the authenticity check. The technician stepped me through the control panel tech support area to help me get the error code. He then gave me a code to enter, which is defferent for every disk..I guess. The code caused the program to skip the authenticity check and the program started right up. Once I eneterd the code .. it dissappears but he was nice enough to give me the code to write down. He informed me that if I ever have to do a clean install again I may have to go through the steps again, but I am fine with that knowing it solves the problem.

Back