KEMax and Max Design 2014

ArguZ

Hi guys,

my first attempt to get into the RF Design world and already a show stopper.
I am on 3DS Max 2014 Design and I am getting the following message.
Is it because KEMax is not compatible with Max Design 2014 ?
Are you working on a new one or should I downgrade to 2012 ?
Or is it because Max Design and not Max (normal)

Cheers
Sascha

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 12
At the moment, the most current version is only compatible with studio max 2012 32 bit. A 13 and 14 are said to be in the works. I don't believe max design will be compatible, but I'll let one of the KE guys answer that one.

The message you are getting is because you are trying to execute a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file. You cannot run these. The second issue is that 2012 is latest version released, but it will not work with Max2014. There is recent information posted elsewhere in the forums that will tell you how to install this KEX exporter as a function of MaxStudio2012-32bit. It does not run on 64bit version. The guy to ask all these questions is out on leave for the holidays. You might have to wait a couple of days.

Last edited:
EDIT:I think you're thinking about the poly increase exporter that was just released. The download page still only goes to 2012.

Last edited:
I have no direct knowledge of 3ds Max Design, but from what I gather after looking at the official product page, it seems to me that the underlying software is the same and that the only difference between the two versions relates to additional tools they provide. As such, my guess is that 3ds Max Design would work for creating RealFlight models.

Is the 2012 version of Design what you ended up using, or did you use the other non-Design version?

Back