Knife Edge forums moderation

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
For close to a year now, the RCGroups moderators have been handling moderation duties here on the KE forums. Overall, they've done a good job getting spam under control and handling the various other issues that arise from time to time. My hat is off to them. It's not as easy as you might think. There's a lot to learn about both RealFlight and these forums that makes it a challenge to step in here as they have done.

Going forward, they are going to continue helping out, especially with spam. But I will take a more active role.

What this means to you:
Continue to use the "Report Post" option for anything you think needs review. That is not changing. It is the right way, and the best way, to bring problems to our attention. But if you think one of the moderators has made a mistake while handling an issue, or otherwise see something that isn't being handled, please bring it to my personal attention via PM. (Just don't overuse this option, because that won't help anyone in the long run.)

Our new approach will rely less on the built-in infraction system and more on taking direct action.

Also, bear in mind that we're merely human. If someone makes a moderation mistake, we would all appreciate your understanding and your patience while we do our best to set it right.

Back