L-13 Blanik

I tried that ,but it's all out of whack. I have it linked to the Flap servo. Do I need a separate flap handle servo ?

there should be servo reverse no change to yes

Attachments

• 2019-10-12 10_52_49-Window.jpg
    2019-10-12 10_52_49-Window.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
I tried that ,but it's all out of whack. I have it linked to the Flap servo. Do I need a separate flap handle servo ?

I don't think so I've done things like that using the normal servo. You might upload a beta for us to look at.

I appreciate the help.

The flaps are channel 6.

When the flaps are up, the handle should be forward in the retracted position ( it is back in the extended position). If I reverse the servo, the handle moves toward the nose instead of aft.

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik Jet_EA.RFX
    2 MB · Views: 5
I appreciate the help.

The flaps are channel 6.

When the flaps are up, the handle should be forward in the retracted position ( it is back in the extended position). If I reverse the servo, the handle moves toward the nose instead of aft.

part of you problem is the flaps are not using full travel. also the throttle is still on the same channel as the retracts on the older interlinks.

I have fixed the flaps handle issue and moved the throttle off of the channel 7 switch. I tried to avoid touching too much other stuff. the elevator has way to much throw on highrates and the wings need more than just fit to visual

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik Jet_AV.RFX
    40 KB · Views: 3
I set up the dihedrals from specs I found, after building the model. Is that a conflict with RF ?

Also, What is the secret for finding the points for the Actuators, ... is it finding the center of the animation ?

Do you mean you don't know how to use them ?

Ha, you beat me to it. I just came back to the forum to clarify what I said. I use them all the time but don't remember ever seeing a tutorial on them I just looked at how they were used and took it from there. If you'll grab my F8F-2 Bearcat you'll see I used them in several places, canopy retract, foot pedals, and tailhook. Basically you add one, set the servo you want to use, select the visual frame you want to move, and then set the end point and rotation if you need that. So on the F8F-2 Bearcat I used the rotation and end point on the tailhook so it drops (rotation) as it goes back (end point). But for the canopy and foot pedals I just used the end point to control where they moved to. But like I said I'd really like to see a tutorial on them to get a better picture.

I've looked at your examples, and I can see what it's doing. But when I try to set things up with what I need them to do. It seems counter-intuitive from what I perceive and what the results are. For instance, I set up the position of the part where it is at the start, the set the end points. But the part moves from the position, before I even move the controls. I need a clue of what the starting point is.

I've looked at your examples, and I can see what it's doing. But when I try to set things up with what I need them to do. It seems counter-intuitive from what I perceive and what the results are. For instance, I set up the position of the part where it is at the start, the set the end points. But the part moves from the position, before I even move the controls. I need a clue of what the starting point is.

That's what I was talking about when I said I wanted a better picture of how they work. I've had to spend more time than I wanted getting them to work. That is doing the trial and error thing. So a tutorial would be great.

I appreciate the help that legoman did for me, but HOW he did it, is what I need. :eek:

Basicly your flaps servo was only going from 50% to 100% I changed it to use the full range of motion .

the range on the motion of the handle was double what it should have been and the servo motion was moving it from the "mid point" of the servo output to max movement location. but it was reversed so the handle was moving from flaps retracted when flaps where down to flaps extended when flaps were retracted (midpoint).

I am going to pm you a link to my "help desk" discord server where you can ask for help anytime when it comes to building models.

Also I noticed some gremlins running around the physics file which made some of the editing of control surfaces difficult. And you cannot but multiple control surfaces/ spoilers on the same stretch of wing. Like your flaps and spoilers two of the three would not function on the area where they share the "span" of the wing

I think I got things all sorted. How do I make a .psd available for people to make their own paint schemes, using layers ?

Have two versions.

One for IntX and one for DX. How should I upload them. As separate EAs or one as a variant ?

Back