La Donna

Another beautiful plane technoid. Thanks once again for all your contributions, they are truly appreciated.
Not to be critical, but IMHO the La Donna could still use more yaw authority.
As it sits now, with 15 degrees of rudder, it needs about 98 mph to Knife Edge. (That's just a Little Hot)
I bumped the Rudder up to 35 degrees and, she will Knife Edge at ~ 58 mph.
It also Front Slips and Crabs with more authority. Just my 2 cents worth.

Another beautiful plane technoid. Thanks once again for all your contributions, they are truly appreciated.
As it sits now, with 15 degrees of rudder, it needs about 98 mph to Knife Edge. (That's just a Little Hot)

Thanks for the input I knew when I let it go with only 15 degress I would probably get some feedback on that so I may increase it before I upload it to the swaps. But there is twin rudders at 15 degrees so it's not as bad as it sounds. I didn't look at the speed I was going but it did knife edge for me really easy. But you're right there's not a lot of rudder authority there. I fly different planes different ways and this one is more of a fast zippy fly for me with large fast turns and loops, not strong slower aerobatics.

I went back this morning and made a few changes. I upped the rudder from 15 to 35, upped the flaps from 12 to 20, and tweaked the smoke just a little. And you're right it is nicer with more rudder authority. I'll release it this weekend Friday or Saturday thanks for your input.

Back