Leonardo by Red Wing

An old boss said "Them that can, does, and them that can't, just gripes".

I'm older than some rocks, but I like Donamy's latest Leonardo. Cool flying it on the Evergreen Airport.
RF9 is the only way I'll ever be able to fly it, unless I sell my Anniversary Mustang, and that ain't gonna happen.

Kudos to Donamy!

As an engineer I worked on projects that were sold retail, for industry, and military projects so I'm quite "sure" I earned the right to have an opinion. So saying I'm one of the "I can't do it" guys isn't correct and is a "cheap shot". I also model using 3ds Max too so I have a clue. Just because I don't agree with some things doesn't give you the right to say that.

no problem in having an opinion just the way you put it and sometimes its better to keep it to yourself!!
#trolllllll

Not at all, I'm 61.

Don. I tried to be as decent as I could but from what I can tell if you feel different about something you shouldn't say anything and keep quiet. Not what I learned as I grew up. I thought I offered you some good advice on your modeling but again I should have kept quiet because now I'm the "guy that can't do it". A cheap shot that certainly shouldn't have been taken. I tried to be nice while stating my thoughts but the "mob mentaility" has started and everyone is getting in on it now.

duuuude dont do yourself any favours do you lol its not a problem havin an opinion just dont act like a idiot when putting it

Donamy, please disregard everything he said about me it`s only partially true what I said about "the modeler", did I say that to him ..yes,... but there`s more to the story than that, thus my reasons for telling him that, which I still don`t want to talk about here publicly simply because I`m trying not to reveal who that person is/was out of respect for him, it`s nobody`s business now, simply because the issue was resolved long ago, and him and me are on good terms with each other, flip, I`ll give you kuddos for not revealing who that was, unless you just want to go ahead and tell everyone now...??? I wish you simply would not have brought my name back into a post where it simply has no relevance, but yet, you still choose to try and make me look bad. I`ve asked you to discuss this via PM, it`s not to late, and we can try and discuss this like the two cranky old men that "apparently" we both are, and come to some sort of peace with our apparent opinions of each other, like I said previously I think that`s fair, reminder, if this kind of conversation continues between us here in the forums, we could get banned, I WANT TO AVOID THAT !!but if you badmouth me, I`m going to defend myself AND my image..Donamy much like flip. I`m sorry you have to put up with this, I tried ignoring his last post about me in the Orion thread, but alas, to no avail, I hope you got the pics. of the Moonie I sent at your request, I`ve got some more I`d like to sent, but would first like to know if you got them,( just to know if I sent them correctly)and/or, if your still interested in doing the Moonie. Again thanks for your consideration and most of all your patience..;):D

Last edited:
I got your pics, and they look usable. I feel a little guilty starting friction on the forum, but I guess it's because I'm new here. I agree, the way to work out differences is the PM.

An old boss said "Them that can, does, and them that can't, just gripes".

I'm older than some rocks, but I like Donamy's latest Leonardo. Cool flying it on the Evergreen Airport.
RF9 is the only way I'll ever be able to fly it, unless I sell my Anniversary Mustang, and that ain't gonna happen.

Kudos to Donamy!

Thanks for the support. I'd love to see a video of it, from someone who can actually fly it, like they do for real.

Don. I tried to be as decent as I could but from what I can tell if you feel different about something you shouldn't say anything and keep quiet. Not what I learned as I grew up. I thought I offered you some good advice on your modeling but again I should have kept quiet because now I'm the "guy that can't do it". A cheap shot that certainly shouldn't have been taken. I tried to be nice while stating my thoughts but the "mob mentaility" has started and everyone is getting in on it now.

No worries, advice taken and learned.
;)

I got your pics, and they look usable. I feel a little guilty starting friction on the forum, but I guess it's because I'm new here. I agree, the way to work out differences is the PM.

Thanks for letting me know, very much appreciated, it eases my mind to know you got them here`s a couple more...... don`t feel guilty for something you shouildn`t, you did nothing wrong..you`ve done everything right by standing up and maintaining your ground. Now, if I may make a recommendation (only if you`re going ahead with the Moonie) and I`m guessing you are, start a thread for it and I can send more pics. that may or may not be relevant/helpful, for example, you`ll notice in the pic. of my sons plane, the scoop under the nose, that is not on the side view I sent, but there is something there just in front of the the landing gear, that should not be modeled, the scoop should. the side view I`m sending today has the scoop, problem is, I`m not sure which of the two views has/is the correct rear side window (the first one I sent looks a little longer) hard to draw a conclusion, but looking at my son`s plane, it`s looking like the longer one.

Attachments

• ScreenShot446.jpg
    ScreenShot446.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot444.jpg
    ScreenShot444.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
Donamy, please disregard everything he said about me it`s only partially true what I said about "the modeler", did I say that to him ..yes,... but there`s more to the story than that, thus my reasons for telling him that, which I still don`t want to talk about here publicly simply because I`m trying not to reveal who that person is/was out of respect for him, it`s nobody`s business now, simply because the issue was resolved long ago, and him and me are on good terms with each other, flip, I`ll give you kuddos for not revealing who that was, unless you just want to go ahead and tell everyone now...??? I wish you simply would not have brought my name back into a post where it simply has no relevance, but yet, you still choose to try and make me look bad. I`ve asked you to discuss this via PM, it`s not to late, and we can try and discuss this like the two cranky old men that "apparently" we both are, and come to some sort of peace with our apparent opinions of each other, like I said previously I think that`s fair, reminder, if this kind of conversation continues between us here in the forums, we could get banned, I WANT TO AVOID THAT !!but if you badmouth me, I`m going to defend myself AND my image..Donamy much like flip. I`m sorry you have to put up with this, I tried ignoring his last post about me in the Orion thread, but alas, to no avail, I hope you got the pics. of the Moonie I sent at your request, I`ve got some more I`d like to sent, but would first like to know if you got them,( just to know if I sent them correctly)and/or, if your still interested in doing the Moonie. Again thanks for your consideration and most of all your patience..;):D

This is the best ever.

I DID IT BUT IT WAS OKAY FOR ME TO DO IT ??? (really)

Every single time a person does something that's TOTALLY WRONG they ALWAYS have a REASON it was OKAY for them to DO IT.

I often say, and it's true, that I read the forum all the time but only post in spurts now and then. Basically if something really needs to be said. You just admitted to doing what "I said you did" in PUBLIC so WHY do we need to HIDE OUT to talk about it. You acted terribly and treated the guy horribly in public so "anything" I have to say to you will be in public too. The truth is Don has done plenty of things you would have normally complained about to "the other modeler" but you haven't because of a special request to him. The truth is YOU should have been banned back then for your comments that was over the top and CLEARLY broke the rules of the forum. I don't believe that saying the "truth" is against the rules. But correct me if I'm wrong. Oddly enough getting the "truth" out of you makes me the bad buy, okay I can accept that.

Let's see if what you said about YOU works for ME.

Don. If you don't like what I'm saying maybe you should leave the forum. (Sorry Don I'm just making a point I don't mean it)

Does that work, is that okay? You don't even support RealFlight the forum should require the person posting in it to at least support the program. And yes I have every version from RF from 6.5 up including RF-X.

I will say this. Since I finally got you to admit that you told another modeler to leave the forum if he didn't like what you were saying I'll do my very best to shut up and not say anything more about it. But like you I respond so it's your choice. You've admitting to doing it I just pointed out that there's no way for it to be OKAY, and that should be it.

flip, I`m not going to discuss this with you on a public forum anymore, it`s my opinion vs yours. now be a good boy and send me a pm. I`m not surrendering, like YOU did earlier, just trying to be a man about it and bring the discussion where it should be, if you agree to that, then we can resolve this, I guarantee it, because you`re missing a very important point apparently, NOW, Re; Donamys planes, you`ll noticed, I said nothing about the Leonardo good or bad, been to busy, simple as that, is it my cup of tea, probably not, I tend to like the the same planes that you do, must be an age thing, go figure :D, One thing I will guarantee you is that I am IN NO WAY, trying to butter him up, simply because I`ve asked him to do a model. I`ve said to myself, if he does it or not, well then to bad. I did ask him because I thought what he did on the Orion was exceptionally well done IMHO , and I asked him to do the model because of that, and the other modelers are (other than him) to busy with other projects The Moonie is more for my son rather than me, plus, I thought Donamy might be interested in doing the one and only Moonie ever in RF. SO PLEASE STOP BRING THIS CRUD UP IN THE FORUM AND SEND ME A PM , but your brass where your mouth is, well ....not literally..;)

flip, I`m not going to discuss this with you on a public forum anymore, it`s my opinion vs yours. now be a good boy and send me a pm. I`m not surrendering, like YOU did earlier, just trying to be a man about it and bring the discussion where it should be, if you agree to that, then we can resolve this, I guarantee it, because you`re missing a very important point apparently, NOW, Re; Donamys planes, you`ll noticed, I said nothing about the Leonardo good or bad, been to busy, simple as that, is it my cup of tea, probably not, I tend to like the the same planes that you do, must be an age thing, go figure :D, One thing I will guarantee you is that I am IN NO WAY, trying to butter him up, simply because I`ve asked him to do a model. I`ve said to myself, if he does it or not, well then to bad. I did ask him because I thought what he did on the Orion was exceptionally well done IMHO , and I asked him to do the model because of that, and the other modelers are (other than him) to busy with other projects The Moonie is more for my son rather than me, plus, I thought Donamy might be interested in doing the one and only Moonie ever in RF. SO PLEASE STOP BRING THIS CRUD UP IN THE FORUM AND SEND ME A PM , but your brass where your mouth is, well ....not literally..;)

I stopped before but you called it giving in, not hardly.

No problem I'm ready to stop you finally admitted doing it in public so no need for PMs. We simply won't be friends or solve this in private I have no desire to speak to you in private. But I will say I'll stop and do my very best to keep it that way. So move on there's nothing to see here.

I stopped before but you called it giving in, not hardly.

No problem I'm ready to stop you finally admitted doing it in public so no need for PMs. We simply won't be friends or solve this in private I have no desire to speak to you in private. But I will say I'll stop and do my very best to keep it that way. So move on there's nothing to see here.
Whatever flip, if you having the last word is what it take`s, you can have it here in the "public" forums, just so you`ll shut up/move on or whatever, at least people will know I had the brass and was willing to talk about it via pm and you didn`t, bock bock bock.

Last edited:
Hear is the .psd file in case anyone is interested in doing a paint scheme for the Leonardo.

Attachments

• Leonardo.zip.rfx
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
Donamy, I have another pic. here of the seats, they`re currently being recovered, so, not sure what they`re gonna look like when they`re done ???, but this is what they looked like before, I imagine the shape will be the same, I`m still not sure if you`re going to do the model or how far you`re willing to go, but that`s them.... If you`re not going to do the plane, I can`t blame you after all the shenanigans, but I`ll keep posting until I hear otherwise. I also have the airfoils for the MAIN wing, at the root it`s NACA 63-215 and at the tip, it`s NACA 64-412, not sure if those numbers are available in RF, but the last time I checked, there`s huge list, so, if they`re not there, there should be something real close. you`ll see in the cross section I sent that the bottom is only slightly flatter than the top at the root,..... kind of hard to see in the pic. re: the tip. I didn`t see any #`s for the Hor. stab., but it looks pretty much like a true semi-symmetrical airfoil in the cross section. In the meantime, keeping my fingers crossed ;):D

Attachments

• ScreenShot468.jpg
    ScreenShot468.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Donamy, I have another pic. here of the seats, they`re currently being recovered, so, not sure what they`re gonna look like when they`re done ???, but this is what they looked like before, I imagine the shape will be the same, I`m still not sure if you`re going to do the model or how far you`re willing to go, but that`s them.... If you`re not going to do the plane, I can`t blame you after all the shenanigans, but I`ll keep posting until I hear otherwise. I also have the airfoils for the MAIN wing, at the root it`s NACA 63-215 and at the tip, it`s NACA 64-412, not sure if those numbers are available in RF, but the last time I checked, there`s huge list, so, if they`re not there, there should be something real close. you`ll see in the cross section I sent that the bottom is only slightly flatter than the top at the root,..... kind of hard to see in the pic. re: the tip. I didn`t see any #`s for the Hor. stab., but it looks pretty much like a true semi-symmetrical airfoil in the cross section. In the meantime, keeping my fingers crossed ;):D

NACA 63-215 is in rf and the closest to the NACA 64-412 is the NACA 65(1)-412 or NACA 63-412

Back