legoman

Lockheed L-1649 Starliner_EA

legoman

legoman submitted a new upload:

Lockheed L-1649 Starliner_EA

The Lockheed L-1649 Starliner was the last model of the Lockheed Constellation line of airliners. Powered by four Wright R-3350 TurboCompound engines, it was built at Lockheed's Burbank, California plant from 1956 to 1958.
Development of the Starliner began when Lockheed designed the L-1449 in response to the Douglas DC-7C Seven Seas. Powered by four 5500 hp Pratt & Whitney PT2G-3 turboprop engines, the L-1449 would have cruised faster than the DC-7C with comparable range with 10,200 US gal...

View the Swap Page

Great write up and model, thanks for posting it! This airplane also had the third variant of Lockheed's boosted control system. The second remaining in the C-130 today. This had a really unique feature that you could lose hydraulics and still control the airplane via and mechanical bypass system which would give you about 40% of the control authority.

Excellent plane, however, on RF 9, the props run backwards... cannot get forward thrust, but it will do great in Reverse!

Excellent plane, however, on RF 9, the props run backwards... cannot get forward thrust, but it will do great in Reverse!
Try flipping channel "C" (upper left) into the center OR most forward position.....assuming you have the InterLink DX

flip the dual rates switch

I am using the JR X9503 (old radio) and that did not work, but I tried all the other switches that I was not already using.... So the Aux 2 (3 position switch) gives me forward and reverse... Also shuts the engines down... LOL, Now I can practice Dead Stick and have reverse props on landing... that makes it more realistic to have reverse thrust in looking at real life....

Thanks all for the assist.

I am using the JR X9503 (old radio) and that did not work, but I tried all the other switches that I was not already using.... So the Aux 2 (3 position switch) gives me forward and reverse... Also shuts the engines down... LOL, Now I can practice Dead Stick and have reverse props on landing... that makes it more realistic to have reverse thrust in looking at real life....

Thanks all for the assist.

I am glad we got you squared away and got it flying. may want to check and make sure realflight is seeing the full range of throttle and calibrate your remote if needed. because the engines should stop for both forward and reverse. or maybe I am reading your post wrong.

Good morning. My Starliner also runs backwards. I have a DX6 using a spectrum dongle. Is there a fix for me. Beautiful plane!!

press the y key on the keyboard. it is bound to a switch on the remote but a dx6 would not have enough switches to run flaps, retracts and one other along with the main flight inputs.

Great place, very realistic, love the reverse. Would be nice to have pursuit mode with the camera. But it is jut a suggestion, Great job

Great place, very realistic, love the reverse. Would be nice to have pursuit mode with the camera. But it is jut a suggestion, Great job
You can put a camera anywhere you want IN or OUT of the plane Rene, just use the editor....... Not sure if you`ve tried using the "C" key, (I`m guessing you have, but not sure..???) but, by pushing that key, it will let you go to every camera that`s on the plane.

Legoman sir,
I just wanted to acknowledge, and Thank You (!), for creating the Lockheed Constellation aircraft for RF! I've only had RF (9.5) going just under 4 days so far, and only have minimal actual R/C flying experience, yet I could easily tell the L-1649 Starliner is "a 3D-Plane in Disguise" (unlike the 1049G Super Constellation)! Although I've only seen 3D flying in videos, it took me no time to Hover, then do a little Knife-Edge action with the Starliner, which was both great fun and hilarious at the same time! OK, after reading some of the old build threads on the L-1649 & 1049G-SC I now know it's not really "a 3D Plane in disguise" but, it sure has some fun 3D flying traits! I'm also really enjoying the flaps down, instant leap into the air, then going vertical, (at) full throttle take offs!
The only thing that could have made my day any better would have been (also finding) a US Navy Early Warning/Typhoon Hunter/Tracker version of the Constellation (the "Lockheed Warning Star" Super Connie, with top & bottom radar domes, wing-tip tanks, in US Navy dark (sky?) gray, from the early 60's Guam VW-1 squadron era) to match the plane my late father flew (TE-tail marking, plane #3) while serving his country for 20 years as an officer.
Thanks again for the great fun sir.

Attachments

• Connie 15.jpg
    Connie 15.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back