Lost interlink controller

Seabrook

Hi everyone!

I am not new to the forums, but created a new account, so I apologize if this question has been asked before, but it did not search as I have little to no time to scan the forums for answers with being a college senior in aerospace engineering.

Somewhere in the vicious cycle of moving between home, college, and internships, I seem to have lost track of my realflight interlink controller (for rf g3)...I am currently running rfg5.5, but since I don't have a controller anymore, it is pretty much useless right now. What I'm wondering is this: can I just go to eBay and buy any realflight interlink or interlink elite controller and use it with my sim? Or does it have to be installed when the sim is installed? (My disks are not with me at college) I was thinking about getting a deal on a controller and then upgrading to rf7..

Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi everyone!

I am not new to the forums, but created a new account, so I apologize if this question has been asked before, but it did not search as I have little to no time to scan the forums for answers with being a college senior in aerospace engineering.

!

Then why bother ? ...if you cant find the time to search the forum ......when are you going to find time to use RF? or search for RF and then submit bids, probably more than once
at ebay ??
I was thinking about getting a deal on a controller and then upgrading to rf7..

Thanks everyone for your help!
But There's a bird in your intake ....a a fly in your ink if you will... ......

it really wont be a deal in the long run .... It will be more expensive than you think
Because You can not buy just the interlink at ebay
because to buy an interlink on ebay will require that you must also buy the software of whatever version that interlink is being sold with
As the seller must or should know .....the discs would literally become useless and unsellable if he sold you the just the interlink
and will not split them
And if its say....a 3.5 interlink plus ........
its already been said by KE that it could very well become useless with the very next RF7 update or the one after that or not ?
And even if it 5.o or 6.0
Add the cost of an upgrade to 7 and you're gonna end up spending as much as a new full fledge RF7 interface/interlink or field radio package anyhow
may as well get a new link with RF7 instead of a used one ....going to ebay is not really a viable option in your situation

Last edited:
lost interlink

wel I do not know about other ecsperiances but I could juce my g3,5 interlink controller on my newer g5.5 ofcorse also complete with interlink controller
they are the same

now I have one on sare since I lost the g3,5 program cd wen moving

so if jou are ever flying to Holland if jou want jou can pick it up

Incorrect.

The G3 controller is NOT the same as the G5 controller.

The software and the controller are licensed TOGETHER.

Wel I have them both
and they are ecsactly the same
only a diferent number
I have tested the old controller and no problems everything works the same
but jou do need to mail tegnical support to tel them jou have a new controller with a diferent serial number
so they can adapt that
as long it is an original controller sold by greatplanes that would be no problem

Well try it then... I am pretty sure that you will find that the G4.x and G5.x products will not allow you to use your G3 controller. I believe that RF6 and RF7 will allow you to do that, but you should contact tech support to be sure.

Your cheapest option would be probably be to purchase the RF7 upgrade for approx $50us.

as I say I have tried it out
no problems at al
but its the desition of seabrook
I am not sending it have way around the world that would be grazy ecspensive so he would be better of buying a new set
but if he has the tjance to pick it up here in Holland I think we gould make a nice gester

Wel I have them both
and they are ecsactly the same
only a diferent number

No they are QUITE different.

The old Interlink sold with G3 is missing the menu buttons for one.

The G4 Interlink Elite looks completely different.

If you got exactly the SAME controller then someone purposely sold you the wrong thing! In other words you got taken.

With G4 and above you should have received the newer Interlink Elite Controller.

The Interlink Elite looks like this:

product-rf7-gpmz4500-lg.jpg

Does yours look the same?

Last edited:
Just in case FokkerD21 does not understand...

Maj. Numbskully is being facetious in saying "right". What FokkerD21 says makes no sense since it is incorrect.

The red warning flag should be obvious, but for the sake of non-English speakers, it means something is VERY wrong with the statement given.

---

Right Maj? ;)

Last edited:
10-4, roger, affirmative, yes
Something is not kosher
it's fishy
something does not add up
warning
statement is not sincere
statement is not be true
statement is deceptive
person is mistaken or making incorrect assumptions

Last edited:
There is NO "After market Dongle" That works leagaly. with Rf
G3 interlinks have been reported to work just fine at least through version 7..just that KE has stated thet MAY noy always be the case if you're using ANYTHING other than an interlink......you Are a pirate

Last edited:
The Offending account promoting piracy has been reported and by the looks of things, deleted post and banned account.

Nothing to see here boys n girls... move along..... :D

Back