Mamba 120cc

Somebody made its debut in RF tonight. One thing I have learned is Blenders 85" and RF's 85" are two COMPLETELY different measurements. This one imported at a nice 17.6 ft WSo_O😁 After a quick adjustment to 40% of that, I'm real close to the target size. Upon further inspection in the editor, I found several things that I'll need to go back and touchup geometry wise, and just a couple minor CS adjustments. Also, as I was afraid of and mentioned to UT, the chrome material didn't transfer over as I had hoped it would. The material I used to create it was just a plain jane basic material just as any other part, just adjusted the gloss and color. Oh well, I'll go ahead and map it and create it using the CS instead. All in all though, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. After making the touchups that are needed, I'll get the physics started.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 05-16-23 at 11.24 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 05-16-23 at 11.24 PM.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 25
  • ScreenShot1684299014.jpg
    ScreenShot1684299014.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 25
Somebody made its debut in RF tonight. One thing I have learned is Blenders 85" and RF's 85" are two COMPLETELY different measurements. This one imported at a nice 17.6 ft WSo_O😁 After a quick adjustment to 40% of that, I'm real close to the target size. Upon further inspection in the editor, I found several things that I'll need to go back and touchup geometry wise, and just a couple minor CS adjustments. Also, as I was afraid of and mentioned to UT, the chrome material didn't transfer over as I had hoped it would. The material I used to create it was just a plain jane basic material just as any other part, just adjusted the gloss and color. Oh well, I'll go ahead and map it and create it using the CS instead. All in all though, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. After making the touchups that are needed, I'll get the physics started.
looks amazing!

Thanks guys. I’ve done chrome using the CS before, just gotta remember the settings. If I remember correctly the color is the hardest part to make look right. I went back and looked at the material settings and there’s a roughness setting that gives it the mirror look. I’m assuming that’s the culprit that’s not transferring over. I’d love to see the ability to get your baked materials to transfer no matter the settings.

Thanks guys. I’ve done chrome using the CS before, just gotta remember the settings. If I remember correctly the color is the hardest part to make look right. I went back and looked at the material settings and there’s a roughness setting that gives it the mirror look. I’m assuming that’s the culprit that’s not transferring over. I’d love to see the ability to get your baked materials to transfer no matter the settings.
The color I used on that CS was I believe a VERY LIGHT sky blue/gray mix with the .stga part colored white. I never really knew how to adjust gloss or reflection in gimp, but it looked real good in RF, so I called it good.

Sooooo Andy, I don`t usually like to do these kind of things because you`re not done yet But, just for your consideration..... I was looking at where the star on the fuse intersects the Hstab and how they don`t line up, So I made some quick changes just to give you some ideas..... Pic.#1 is where you have it now, Pic. #2 is with the lines lined up on the fuse and Hstab and pic #3 is the adjusted part of the Hstab, where I angled the blue line of the star up a little so it`s closer to parallel of the leading edge (compare to Pic. #1 or 2. Both points of the star are in the same location, they haven`t moved. Anyway, just food for thought.

Attachments

• MAMBA.PNG
    MAMBA.PNG
    383.3 KB · Views: 17
  • MAMBA 2.PNG
    MAMBA 2.PNG
    368.4 KB · Views: 17
  • TAIL 3.PNG
    TAIL 3.PNG
    298.9 KB · Views: 17
Good catch. Not sure what happened there unless I adjusted the UV layout some and didn’t allow for it in gimp. As for lining up with the leading edge, I followed the CS as it’s laid out. If anything, I need to move the star back some, but I’ll probably leave it where it is after lining the edges back up.

Attachments

• IMG_7779.png
    IMG_7779.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
I`m not sure what it`s suppose to look like on a finished real world model, but I just wanted to bring it to your attention.... ;) :)
SO, I did a little more research, and found these pics. from "Flex innovations" , it appears the CS can go both ways (regarding the alignment of the star) depending on which CS you`re looking at...... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Attachments

• MAMBA 6.PNG
    MAMBA 6.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • MAMBA 5.PNG
    MAMBA 5.PNG
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 9
  • MAMBA 7.PNG
    MAMBA 7.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • MAMBA 8.PNG
    MAMBA 8.PNG
    898.8 KB · Views: 10
  • MAMBA 9.PNG
    MAMBA 9.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Been playing with this one all night trying to get something close to a chrome look on the spinner. I've tried countless material settings, and several attempts using the CS, but this is about as close as I can get. I think I may give up on it and just do a painted spinner instead. I just don't like it like this, but I'm going to take a break and come back to it for a few more tries. Not holding my breath though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 05-19-23 at 12.25 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 05-19-23 at 12.25 AM.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 13
Been playing with this one all night trying to get something close to a chrome look on the spinner. I've tried countless material settings, and several attempts using the CS, but this is about as close as I can get. I think I may give up on it and just do a painted spinner instead. I just don't like it like this, but I'm going to take a break and come back to it for a few more tries. Not holding my breath though.
1684476030760.png
looks great to me :) although this sure would look cool!

Try this chrome spinner CS version of the Edge NG...(Needs have normal maps enabled, in the settings)
Do you have a RFX file for the Mamba to share? (beta)

Attachments

• Chrome Spinner NG_CS.RFX
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Chrome Spinner NG.png
    Chrome Spinner NG.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 16
Try this chrome spinner CS version of the Edge NG...(Needs have normal maps enabled, in the settings)
Do you have a RFX file for the Mamba to share? (beta)
Very nice!!! Glad to know what I want to do is possible, I just couldn't wrap my head around it last night.

I've got to fix a few things on the Mamba before I send out a beta to anyone.

Back