MB339 Turbine Delay

DForbes

I just purchased the MB339 last night and noticed the thrust is more like an EDF ver a turbine. Is there a way to simulate the turbine delay so one could practice this?

Yes. You can slow down the reaction of the turbine. The way I would do it is slow down the servo response time. To do this you need to have the model selected on the runway, go into the aircraft editor by selecting Aircraft at the top menu and select Edit which should be the second option from the top. Find the Electronics tab at the bottom of the editor, and click on Servos, all the aircraft servos will be listed. Find the throttle servo and change the time for the Servo Speed. by default it is very fast, but slow it down to 1.5 to 2 seconds will slow the reaction of the turbine to be more realistic. Save the aircraft and fly. You may need to remove the ( ) in the name since it probably wont save with them in the title but not a big deal.

You can also get to the editor from the ESC menu and select My Realflight option. don't use the quick editor, use the full editor.

Another way to do it is change the spool up time on the motor itself. In the editor you select Physics, and find the Engine. there are parameters there you can change, Spool up time is one of them.

Back