MiG-21bis build thread

Off topic here robert, I thought that you might want to know, if you don't already, Wes has passed on, Gay called and let me know. For anyone else that might have known him, he was a good friend and a vet. Known on the forums as "Deewng", we go back to the days of "Numbskully", "Boof" and others who planted the seeds for the 'Swap Pages". Good teachers all. I will miss him.
thank you for letting me know hope you are doing well.

Wes was the person who helped me get started and work through the problem on the first few planes

thank you for letting me know hope you are doing well.

Wes was the person who helped me get started and work through the problem on the first few planes
Wes was there for several of us, I remember when you and I would talk to him each day, using SKIPE and later Discord. You were getting started at the time, look where you have gone since. For you, NOTHING is impossible, and complications are just a better challenge. You make em good.
Bette and I are both in our 70s, and the last 12 years have been real eye openers as our circle of friends and associates has REALLY been downsized because of things like this. So much has changed and will never be the same or even close.Keep building them, I'll keep flying them.
I hope I'm still around when asj5547 finishes his Spit Mk IX, she'll look good beside your Lancaster.

Wes was there for several of us, I remember when you and I would talk to him each day, using SKIPE and later Discord. You were getting started at the time, look where you have gone since. For you, NOTHING is impossible, and complications are just a better challenge. You make em good.
Bette and I are both in our 70s, and the last 12 years have been real eye openers as our circle of friends and associates has REALLY been downsized because of things like this. So much has changed and will never be the same or even close.Keep building them, I'll keep flying them.
I hope I'm still around when asj5547 finishes his Spit Mk IX, she'll look good beside your Lancaster.
i knew him a bit, fly his a-10 alot. may he rest easy

Yikes :eek: :eek: !!!, that lower portion looks especially challenging, looking at it from an extended to collapsed point of view.
yeah I have two ideas in my head on how to do it.

one is to use a setup like the EF-111 mains and rig up a "ground contact" sensor which is just a quadcopter flight controler in land mode. which would look good in static. BUT motion (rolling/pitching) changes in weight might cause misalignment in the parts. especially since it is sitting on springs not the bump stops

the other is multiple pivoting frames using collison meshes dragging on the ground which i feel might not even work and if it does it would be a nightmare to set up.

Holy pivot points legoman! 😳🤣
My thoughts exactly, I can`t wait to see that the editor !!... :eek:
yeah I have two ideas in my head on how to do it.

one is to use a setup like the EF-111 mains and rig up a "ground contact" sensor which is just a quadcopter flight controler in land mode. which would look good in static. BUT motion (rolling/pitching) changes in weight might cause misalignment in the parts. especially since it is sitting on springs not the bump stops

the other is multiple pivoting frames using collison meshes dragging on the ground which i feel might not even work and if it does it would be a nightmare to set up.
Well, whatever you come up with, I`m sure it will be fascinating to watch in motion...:)

Just because you and ##### tried to manipulate the poll an the last minute. does not mean I am going to do the plane you wanted. You did not even change the votes enough to change if I needed to tie break just which planes were tied.
jk just wanted to see what you would do

Back