rcdoski

Mikado Hughes 500 MD-500 Ultra Sport RC_AV

I taught myself on my ergo 30 that I bought from a local shop and built myself. that was so enjoyable to build it. it has, in the last 25 or so years, become unfliable, especially because the transmitter is lost and no doubt different pieces have become too old. here is a picture or two of it in my shed...
forthcoming, and fifth coming too! πŸ˜‚
first, somebody got a shot of me flying it in the mid-90s
View attachment 130681and here's the poor thing forlorn and unflown for years...
View attachment 130682

Here I love the CS it's my favorite CS to use on real R/C Planes LOL I remember a friend of mine at the park me&my uncle use to fly at in queens had the 60 size Ergo he loved it to death and he really wasn't munch of a sport flyer or 3D flyer at all he loved just cruising it around in forward flights and doing nose in hovers. You ever thought about bringing it out of retirement??

Ok guys here's quick video so I can show you guys my so called''Heli Skillz'' it's not as good as my airplane flying just don't want to get your hopes up LOL. BTW No music on this one just me talking while flying trying something different

it's crazy how you downplay your skills. you show that helicopter (and aerodynamics and gravity) who's boss, and do all the things with it that I only ever IMAGINED that helicopters could do!

okay. I just got a chance to fly it. wow it really lives up to its Ultra Sport designation. even at no idle up, it's super responsive. I might learn my 3D yet on this baby!

Sure go for it dude yeah there's a few of the Mikado heli's on Real Flight are pretty stable to learn 3d flying on too

Here are a few of them I fly

it's crazy how you downplay your skills. you show that helicopter (and aerodynamics and gravity) who's boss, and do all the things with it that I only ever IMAGINED that helicopters could do!

Thanks once again I was always told it was always better to never brag about your flying skills to always down play them it makes for a big suprise plus the older I've gotten I still feel they are many pilots who are miles&miles better skills then I do they say your never ever to old to learn 😁

Thanks once again I was always told it was always better to never brag about your flying skills to always down play them it makes for a big suprise plus the older I've gotten I still feel they are many pilots who are miles&miles better skills then I do they say your never ever to old to learn 😁
i think that's a really good approach: it's better to be humble than to brag.

Space boy I'm glad you finally got a chance to fly it. It was fun to watch 3D MOFO to put it through its pace. I was surprised cause I had turned it down to make it easier for people to fly. I never got as good as he is. He did very good. You guys were talking about some of your older helis. This is one of mine I still fly. Thats crazy me in the background.DSC_7026 (1024x680) (2).jpgDSC_6748 (1024x680).jpgDSC_6707 (1024x680).jpgDSC_6976 (1024x680).jpgDSC_4800 (1024x680).jpgDSC_4776 (1024x680).jpg

i think that's a really good approach: it's better to be humble than to brag.

Exactly my uncle give me the best advice one time after I was in my 3rd year of R/C airplane flying I was about 16 he told me ''Look you fly R/C with with your fingers on the sticks on radio right? You don't fly R/C with your mouth it's always better to be the quite one at the field when you first bring out your plane and you are at a different field if someone asks you ''if you know to fly?'' just say''yes'' once you take off your skills will do the talking all by itself but just remember everyone no matter how munch skills and how long you have been flying for everyone always has a bad day and ends up coming back home pieces in a trash bag'' mighty wise words I always still live by😎

I keep forgetting to tell you you did a good job on Central Park. It seems to be 3D's favorite place to fly.

As I told him before pal it pretty munch the only way I would ever fly there is on here. Because there's no way on earth they would ever let me,my uncle or anybody fly any real R/C planes,heli's or quadcopters over there for real between the cops &people walking around in all times of the day and night especially those ''KAREN'S'' you know there the worst😒😒

Space boy I'm glad you finally got a chance to fly it. It was fun to watch 3D MOFO to put it through its pace. I was surprised cause I had turned it down to make it easier for people to fly. I never got as good as he is. He did very good. You guys were talking about some of your older helis. This is one of mine I still fly. Thats crazy me in the background.View attachment 130701View attachment 130698View attachment 130699View attachment 130700View attachment 130696View attachment 130697

WOW!! It's good to finally see you your very lucky you still got all your hair I can't say the same about myself πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
All kidding aside thanks for the very kind words those are some cool heli's you have there are those are the ones you still own or are those the ones you have to own??

Back