Misalignment of coordinates for airfield editing

Shinichi

It is possible that a solution has already been posted in this forum, but please let me know.
I edited the airfield and saved it. Next, when I loaded the airfield to edit it again, the coordinates of all the objects were out of alignment.
Why is this? Please let me know the cause and any solutions.

Can you be more specific about what you're seeing? You mentioned coordinates being out of alignment. Are you talking about the numerical position values reported for each object in the editor changing? Or do you mean the objects have visibly moved within the airport? If the latter, did they move laterally, vertically, or both? Did all the objects move or only certain ones? If only some, was it limited to objects within a specific folder?

Some general notes that may be helpful:
RealFlight calculates a theoretical airport "center" based on all of the objects. As objects are added/removed/relocated, that calculation changes. The positions of objects are stored using values relative to that center. So it is normal to see those values change even if the objects are not actually moving within the scene.

If the objects are dynamic versus static (only some objects allow this), then they will move around in response to impulses or even just to settle better on the ground, particularly if they spawn slightly in the air or otherwise unbalanced. Under the right circumstances it is possible for them to "walk" around the scene little by little over time. For custom airports which are saved anew each time you exit the sim, the result can be objects shifting even if you never opened the editor.

It is not difficult to drag objects in the editor unintentionally and without even knowing it. If a whole object folder is selected at the time, then all of the objects it contains will move, not just one.

You may have simply encountered a bug with the airport editor.

Can you be more specific about what you're seeing? You mentioned coordinates being out of alignment. Are you talking about the numerical position values reported for each object in the editor changing? Or do you mean the objects have visibly moved within the airport? If the latter, did they move laterally, vertically, or both? Did all the objects move or only certain ones? If only some, was it limited to objects within a specific folder?

Some general notes that may be helpful:
RealFlight calculates a theoretical airport "center" based on all of the objects. As objects are added/removed/relocated, that calculation changes. The positions of objects are stored using values relative to that center. So it is normal to see those values change even if the objects are not actually moving within the scene.

If the objects are dynamic versus static (only some objects allow this), then they will move around in response to impulses or even just to settle better on the ground, particularly if they spawn slightly in the air or otherwise unbalanced. Under the right circumstances it is possible for them to "walk" around the scene little by little over time. For custom airports which are saved anew each time you exit the sim, the result can be objects shifting even if you never opened the editor.

It is not difficult to drag objects in the editor unintentionally and without even knowing it. If a whole object folder is selected at the time, then all of the objects it contains will move, not just one.

You may have simply encountered a bug with the airport editor.
Thank you for the comment. And sorry for the late reply.

Please be aware that this issue was experienced by a friend of mine and I cannot elaborate on it.
My friend told me that when he edited the airfield, saved it, and reopened it again, the x-coordinates of the object's coordinates were -0.681 m and the y-coordinates were -0.337 m.

Not a phenomenon in which objects move on their own.

Can I interpret this phenomenon as a slight deviation due to the calculation of the theoretical "center" of the airport and the resulting change to the correct relative value, as you say?

From what you're saying it does sound like that to me. If so, things are functioning correctly and it is nothing to worry about.

Back