Missing Disk 3 of G3.5

northernpointer

Hello everyone. I bought Real Flight Simulator G3.5, but discovered it is missing Disk 3, and therefore can not install it. Anyone know how I can get a copy of Disk 3? Thank you.

No...............its a discontinued product
Take it back to whom you bought it from... if he does have the missing disc
Make sure you get the Interlink with it also ....the program will NOT run without it

Last edited:
Unfortunately I bought it on Ebay and didn't realize it was missing Disk 3, even though the ad clearly stated so. I totally missed that description. So chances are the seller won't take it back. It has the Interlink. Just missing the third disk to complete the installation. If someone has a copy that they could send me I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll have purchased a dud and am not too happy.

If someone has a copy that they could send me I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll have purchased a dud and am not too happy.
I don't know how to process those statements. Is this everyone else's fault now if you aren't made happy? Seems like a shift of blame to me.

No...............its a discontinued product
Take it back to whom you bought it from... if he does have the missing disc
Make sure you get the Interlink with it also ....the program will NOT run without it

I agreed with this suggestion and no doubt this is the only way you should approach to get your problem solved. Hey, when you get the Disk , do post here.

Hmm... today I have expectation that here I will see your response regarding your problem, whether it get fixed or not but.. there is no reply from you. Kindly PM, when you will get your problem eliminated. Good luck again

Hey.....got the problem solved. Firstly, to correct jeffpn, no I am NOT blaming someone else for my mistake. I was unhappy with myself for not clearly reading the seller's ad. Secondly, I contacted customer support and found that I could buy the whole program, all 3 disks, for $10 if already registered, or $20 if unregistered. So it cost me $10, and it's up and running.

I'm surprised they still have copies of G3 available.

Since you have the G3 controller, did you know you can upgrade to the latest and greatest RF6 for around $50? That gets you current for much less than the price of the full version. Your controller is compatible.

Yes, I lucked out, and yes, they advised me I could upgrade for about $50. Since I'm new at this, I'm just getting used to the program so maybe eventually I'll upgrade, but for now, I'm okay with the version I've got. How much different is 6 from 3.5? What are its benefits over 3.5? I don't do the helicopter thing....just the planes.

Access to hundreds of free airplanes for one. Go to RealFlight.com and look up RF6. It'll tell you what RF6 has.

Yes, I lucked out, and yes, they advised me I could upgrade for about $50. Since I'm new at this, I'm just getting used to the program so maybe eventually I'll upgrade, but for now, I'm okay with the version I've got. How much different is 6 from 3.5? What are its benefits over 3.5? I don't do the helicopter thing....just the planes.

How much different is 6 from 3.5?

Worlds apart

I've a concern about upgrading to RF6. I checked the RF website, and to upgrade to 6, it states that you need to have RF G4. I've G3.5 so does anyone know if it'll still work properly with 3.5? I know the Interlink is compatible.

Yes, your 3.5 controller will work with 6.5. I wouldn't have recommended it otherwise.

Last edited:
Did you ever get your Disk3 for G3.5?

Hi,
It's been some time s ince your original post about the missing Disk 3 for G3.5. So, I'm new to the Forum, but old to G3.5. I have my originals. I might can help if you still need it. I'm just not sure how to reply just to your member name or if this goes into the entire forum. My first post to any forum anywhere.

If you continue reading this thread, you will see that the original poster contacted tech support and his problem was solved.

It would not work to mix disks from different versions of G3 (3.??.???), anyway, which is likely what would happen in this scenario.

Hi,
I've missed placed all of my G3.5 discs.
I've contacted RealFlight Tech Support for replacements and now waiting for a replay (I'm in Australia so CD will take a while to get here if it is available).
As this software has been superseded for sometime now, what are my best cost effective options that allow me to use my G3.5 interlink controller?
I see from above that RF6.5 will work. Does anyone on here have a set of old G3.5 CDs that are no longer used and looking to sell?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I've missed placed all of my G3.5 discs.
I've contacted RealFlight Tech Support for replacements and now waiting for a replay (I'm in Australia so CD will take a while to get here if it is available).
As this software has been superseded for sometime now, what are my best cost effective options that allow me to use my G3.5 interlink controller?
I see from above that RF6.5 will work. Does anyone on here have a set of old G3.5 CDs that are no longer used and looking to sell?
Thanks in advance.
G3.5 discs are no good without the interlink, and the interlink is no good without the 3.5 discs as they are a pair. However you would be able to use the Interlink you have with Realflight Evolution, It does not have the limitations that 3.5 had.

Back