Mistral glider change flaps from throttle to knob

mike4

Hi
how to change the Mistral landing flaps from throttle to the turning knob on the transmitter?
Thanks

Go into the editor (with the Mistral loaded, of coarse). Navigate yourself to the flaps in the menu. They`re attached the "main wing", so you will likely have to click on that in order to get to the flaps. You should see a channel assigned to the flaps, (probably #1), click on that channel#, another menu should appear, click on channel #6, exit the editor. You will be prompted to "save your changes" click on "save", RF should return to the sim., and you should have flaps on your knob. This is a rough explanation, but should get you there. Let me/us know if it works. We`ll get you through it, it`s not that hard....;)

Last edited:
uncle twist that glider has 2 flap servos a Left and a Right with complex flap controls on channel 6 and 7 with channel 3 controlling those also the ailerons have 2 servos , Right on channel 1 and Left on channel 5 with complex aileron controls tied in with channel 3 so those are tied in with the flaps as well to change those to channel 6 dial you need to change the complex control radio channels to channel 6 . also channel 2 has complex control setup here is the change for you this version i didn't get the elevator changed so don't down load this one get the ones below

Attachments

• Mistral 3m CH6_AV.RFX
    37.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey Doug, I`ll confess, I didn't look at the mistral before my reply. Was thinking it was a standard set up. Sounds over my head...:p, by your reply, I`ve played with the editor, but never got into "complex" setups with the radio/servos..:eek:
So, does the file you posted give Mike4 what he`s asking for..??

Hey Doug, I`ll confess, I didn't look at the mistral before my reply. Was thinking it was a standard set up. Sounds over my head...:p, by your reply, I`ve played with the editor, but never got into "complex" setups with the radio/servos..:eek:
So, does the file you posted give Mike4 what he`s asking for..??

yes it does give him the channel 6 as the control for that setup instead of the throttle stick , but the dial is backwards to what i normal have . to change that you need to go into the complex setup graphs on all the controls 2 for ailerons 2 for flaps and 1 for elevator and reverse the graphs i figured this would give him what he wants without doing all that just makes the Dial work backwards , i can fix it for him if he wants and post it on the swaps

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply/help Doug, hopefully Mike4 will chime back in and let you know if that`s what he was looking for..;)

Even if mike4 doesn't get back to you... I was following this thread, for the (complex) edit experience..
I looked at the plane in the G4.5 editor. And was messing around with problem, when you came up with the channel swap solution.
I Put both down on paper, so I could look at them side by side, I came up with 7 Graphs. One in Output Ch 1, One in Output Ch 2, One in Output Ch 5, Two in Output Ch 6, and Two in Output Ch 7
If it isn't too much trouble, I wouldn't mind seeing the Full solution, with the knob reversal. If not for Me :eek: Do it for the mike4 ;) :D

Last edited:
Probably won`t get an answer from me adrenoline..:(, seems to be over my editing experience I`m pretty good with the editor, just never have "gone there" before..:eek:

Even if mike4 doesn't get back to you... I was following this thread, for the (complex) edit experience..
I looked at the plane in the G4 editor. And was messing around with problem, when you came up with the channel swap solution.
I Put both down on paper, so I could look at them side by side, I came up with 7 Graphs. One in Output Ch 1, One in Output Ch 2, One in Output Ch 5, Two in Output Ch 6, and Two in Output Ch 7
If it isn't too much trouble, I wouldn't mind seeing the Full solution, with the knob reversal. If not for Me :eek: Do it for the mike4 ;) :D

just a quick answer for tonight but if you do this change to all the graphs it makes the control work opposite on channel 6 dial

Attachments

• Graph changes.jpg
    Graph changes.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks a bunch Doug. I'll see if I can get a solid grip, on understanding it all. A pictures worth a thousand words with me. I loaded the Corrected AV, and decided to give the brain cells a rest, till morning, and just fly it.(Sierra Nevada Cliff, G4.5) Weird, It went UP like a rocket, had to fight it back down. I maxed the elevator trim, to help slow down the climb rate, but still had to hold it down, with the sticks. Not sure what changed. I went back to the stock Minstral 3m, and it flew fine, with the trim centered. Ill have to give it a fresh look in the morning. Thanks again for the tutoring aid. Iv run into multi mix issues in the past, with backward switches, reversed dual rates, and rouge gyros. Sometimes its just easier to adapt ;).

Last edited:
yeah thats weird it seems to fly the same to me i never changed any throws but i'll have a good look see if something changed between the 2 . I went in and set the channel 2 graph to 100 from 89 and the middle to 42 seems better but there's lots of wind in that AP the Minstral 3m heavy ballast would be a better choice , now you can practice and set the graphs up for that one with the dial as control . :)

Last edited:
here is a version with trim setup on channel 8 for different wind speeds , play around with the settings until you get it how you like , the middle position seems to work good at Sierra Nevada Cliff . You will find there's a lot more detailed things you can do with the editor you can add modifiers as well for one , thats one of the reasons why i really like RF , it takes lots of practice and testing to get good at it , then you forget some things at times , haha how do i know

Attachments

• Mistral 3m CH6 corrected trim_AV.RFX
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Great, many thanks.
Tried it yesterday and wonder how to add heavy lead like the other Mistral version.

mike4, If you want to learn some editing skills; The files doug schluter provided, could be used as a tutorial, for your preferred setup. The files were loaded in a nice sequence.
Personally, I prefer the flaps on the "Un-powered" glider, where they were,(on the throttle stick) for ease of access.
But for continuity sake, the standard flap position, makes sense too.
If you want to figure this edit out, for future use, load the "Minstral 3m" into the program, and open the editor. Expand the "Software Radio" section. This is where the edits were done. I wrote down on paper, each Output Channel #, and below each, wrote the corresponding input CH #, and name. (I did this for the original file, and each of dougs files. To be used for; side to side comparison, and later, for loading info, into the new aircraft variant.
His first file, will show you, where to change the 5 "Throttle" Inputs, to "Channel 6 knob". You will find them, in Output Channels, 1,2,5,6,7.
His next file will show you how to reverse the dial rotation. This will be done in the Graphs. Accessible from the Inputs you changed previously. Click on a Input you changed. Note on the right hand side (parameter section) <<Graph Points>> click on it, then the blue highlighted box, to the right. This will take you into the graph edit portion. Read dougs posts, and look at the picture he provided, and note how the changes were made.
In his third file, doug shows, where to create, a 3 position, transmitter trim adjustment, for "Channel 8", (3 position switch) It will be in Output Channel 2. Procedure will be; Click on "Output Channel 2" (to highlight) Then click "Edit" in the top right corner of the Aircraft Editor. Click "ADD" then "Add Complex Input Feed". Click on your new Input, and go through the <<Graph Points>> as mentioned earlier to set your, graph points.
I used this procedure to help me understand this Edit. Hope it helps you too.

BTW, I did this edit, on the "Mistral 3m Heavy Ballast" which you seemed to have interest in. I added the 3 position trim, but found it wasn't needed on this plane, so I deleted it. I hope this file works, I never tried this before. Do with it, what you want. Use it, modify it, or put it in the Swaps, if you get it to work the way you like. Enjoy!

Last edited:
good write up and instructions adrenoline 60 , thanks for kicking in on it.

if you want to learn more on editing here is one of the write ups on editing flight physics , although dhk79 did this write up back a few versions i used it to get started on learning how to edit . if your using G4 it is a good one , you don't need to get into the detailed parts contained in this tutorial to do what most want to change , i printed out this tutorial years ago to have on hand when i was just starting to edit flight physics , so have at it

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=17498

Last edited:
physics check list

If anyone is interested i did this physics check list for editing a while ago for airplanes just to help make sure i covered most of the physics changes i want do to most AV's . It's just a list of things to look over and applies to older sim versions as well .

Attachments

• RF 7.5 physics settings.jpg
    RF 7.5 physics settings.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 20
Back