Model Texturing

FireyTurtle

So I'm new to modeling and I'm working on a plane with flat faces (which are supposed to be flat I wasn't just being lazy) in 3DS Max 2019. I uploaded a solid color tga file as the material and applied it to the entire plane. I then created a planar map and did some basic shading. After exporting it into RF8 I saved the color scheme and applied the scheme with basic shading I made earlier to the plane. In RF8 the plane shows the correct colors, but they are extremely reflective and look unrealistic, which I'm guessing is due to the faces of the plane being flat. Is there any way to change how reflective the plane appears either in 3DS Max or RF8?

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong location; I'm not very experienced with forums

So I'm new to modeling and I'm working on a plane with flat faces (which are supposed to be flat I wasn't just being lazy) in 3DS Max 2019. I uploaded a solid color tga file as the material and applied it to the entire plane. I then created a planar map and did some basic shading. After exporting it into RF8 I saved the color scheme and applied the scheme with basic shading I made earlier to the plane. In RF8 the plane shows the correct colors, but they are extremely reflective and look unrealistic, which I'm guessing is due to the faces of the plane being flat. Is there any way to change how reflective the plane appears either in 3DS Max or RF8?

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong location; I'm not very experienced with forums

A couple of questions. Do you have any baked on colors? And have you created a spec map for it?

down load the tool in the first post here https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=33358

Then do this
  1. Install python 3 and make sure to add it to your system path (there's an option for that on the installer).
  2. Extract the zip anywhere you like
  3. Drag and drop the FBX you want to fix onto the file RUNME.bat
  4. The new FBX will appear in the same folder as RUNME.bat

Back