Moveable Machine Guns?

ChuckIV

OK experts.... Can a machine gun be mounted on a moveable pod? I've been trying with no luck. What do I need to do to get a moveable machine gun?

ChuckIV

OK experts.... Can a machine gun be mounted on a moveable pod? I've been trying with no luck. What do I need to do to get a moveable machine gun?

ChuckIV

This is not possible in RF6. It doesn't look possible in RF7 Either.

Last edited:
Thats wierd. I thought this is possible. I mounted several in a moveable pod on the warthog and they spin as they fire.

Thats wierd. I thought this is possible. I mounted several in a moveable pod on the warthog and they spin as they fire.

Try a turret on top of a aircraft. The pod will move but the gun will only fire in the initial position it was placed and won't move with the pod. The gun on the warthog fires forward which is fine. It's not going side to side or up and down. In RF7 I also tried to recreate this with the pod and gun and it's still not working.

I looked into this. The reason is that the orientation for gun/rocket/paintball components is expressed in absolute terms. We probably did that originally because we thought it would be a more intuitive way to aim them, rather than have to compensate for whatever orientation its parents might impose. It makes it very easy to create something that fires straight ahead, which is the most typical scenario. But that does mean that if the gun moves, its firing direction does not reflect that movement, and that is not very realistic.

I'll file a case to revisit this and consider changing how it works in RF7.

I looked into this. The reason is that the orientation for gun/rocket/paintball components is expressed in absolute terms. We probably did that originally because we thought it would be a more intuitive way to aim them, rather than have to compensate for whatever orientation its parents might impose. It makes it very easy to create something that fires straight ahead, which is the most typical scenario. But that does mean that if the gun moves, its firing direction does not reflect that movement, and that is not very realistic.

Perhaps My faith in Knife Edge just got restored.

Whats the deal with the words in peoples posts (highlighted orange) being high jacked and turned in to spam links ?
they are one time links as soon as its used its gone and then a new word becomes one ???....slick

the word "reason'' in ryans above post was one ....and now its not........... reported

Last edited:
Whats the deal with the words in peoples posts (highlighted orange) being high jacked and turned in to spam links ?
they are one time links as soon as its used its gone and then a new word becomes one ???....slick

the word "reason'' in ryans above post was one ....and now its not........... reported

Maj, you may have something installed into your browser that is doing that.

I'm not seeing this occur in IE8, IE10, IE11, Chrome and Firefox.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I must ask. Any plans for this in 8.5 or 9?

Back