Movie question

Does anyone know why the Grumman Avengers were never featured in either of the two midway movies?
I would imagine that in the first movie, they simply didn`t have any footage of them in battle, meaning that, they used archive film footage from the battle for the movie and those kind of scenes that had planes. apparently (according to Wikipedia), it was the planes debut to the war effort, only six of them were used in that battle and five were lost. Also they didn`t have CGI in 1976, that films debut...AS for the second movie, who know`s, CGI was available, BUT due to the fact that five of six were lost, the film makers probably didn`t want to focus on that part of the battle, more over, focusing on the U.S. winning rather than loosing the battle. I havn`t seen the second one yet, but I imagine they must have included some of the U.S. losses in the battle...????

I would imagine that in the first movie, they simply didn`t have any footage of them in battle, meaning that, they used archive film footage from the battle for the movie and those kind of scenes that had planes. apparently (according to Wikipedia), it was the planes debut to the war effort, only six of them were used in that battle and five were lost. Also they didn`t have CGI in 1976, that films debut...AS for the second movie, who know`s, CGI was available, BUT due to the fact that five of six were lost, the film makers probably didn`t want to focus on that part of the battle, more over, focusing on the U.S. winning rather than loosing the battle. I havn`t seen the second one yet, but I imagine they must have included some of the U.S. losses in the battle...????
in the new film they do show six dauntless dive bombers and I am not sure if that was an oversight or maybe they were also lost in a similar way
thanks

Back in me late 80s early 90s I worked at the Trenton General Motors plant which used to make The Avengers.
I'd like to see a big budget production of the battle of leyte Gulf
I had met an old electrician who still worked there and who was drafted into the war. He was on a land based Avenger squadron and was a gunner as well as the radio radar operator. he told me some great stories

Back