Moving 6.5 to New Computer

RC_Fanatic

I have 6.5 running on an older laptop and just bought a new FAST laptop so want to move RealFlight to the new computer. Both are running Win 10 and the sim runs fine on the old one. I started with G4 from a DVD and that was updated in multiple steps to 6.5 by free upgrades and updates. It has the Elite controller. I really do not want to buy a new version as the old one does all I need. I have contacted RealFlight twice. I got no response the first time so tried again today. I hope that someone here can help.

Murray

So, Horizon Hobby bought out KnifeEdge Software. Horizon Hobby is not a software house, and doesn't have a clue. Also, they are way backed-up because of Covid 19 and some other stuff...

So, why don't you describe your symptoms to us; start with the hardware you're trying to run on, then give the update on what it is that you are seeing or experiencing. Without knowing the question, its hard to give an answer. ;)

marcus

I talked to Bonnie from Horizon who seems to be their RealFlight "expert." They do not have access to the files I used to update my G4 to 6 and up. She was able to set up for me to be able to install G4 and did confirm that the 6.5 registration I had was legal, She suggested I try to find someone with discs for 6 or above and use the registration number I had. After looking on fleabay, it seemed it would cost me almost as much as buying 9.5. Some "stimulus" money came is so I decided to use it "stimulate" the hobby industry. 9.5 discs are due in a couple of days.
Thanks for the offer of assistance but tax prep and other stuff has tied me up for the last couple of weeks and will continue for a couple more.

Murray

Back