Moving Throttle Hold Switch

I am really not happy with the fact that they moved the throttle hold switch to the left side of the DX UPB radio. OK, no big deal, just move it in the software to the original RF position.

Then I went into the helicopter training. They did not implement the switch changing in the hover trainer.

OOOOOOOOPS. It does not work. You cannot fly. You have to use the standard radio setup.

Where else did they forget? Testing??

Seems that we (= anyone who buys 1st release anything) 'are' the beta testers these days, lol!

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. As I understand it, you re-mapped the throttle hold switch in the software radio (from the standard Spektrum position back to the old-school realflight spot on Switch A), but the hover trainer is not respecting the swap. Is this correct?

While we do extensive testing on every release, RealFlight is a very large piece of software. We really appreciate the community's reports of additional bugs so that we can continue to improve the sim.

I moved it again today and it is working after restarting RF9. I now have the throttle hold in the 'Old" location.

Throttle hold has always been the large 2position switch at the right side of the radio. Using new DX terminology, it would be switch H. The default position of throttle hold on the DX radio is switch A. I moved it to H, now the hover trainers do not work. In the heli orientation trainer, I could not get the heli to lift off what so ever. Check the function of switch B, it seems backwards.

Thanks for the report. As I understand it, you re-mapped the throttle hold switch in the software radio (from the standard Spektrum position back to the old-school realflight spot on Switch A), but the hover trainer is not respecting the swap. Is this correct?

While we do extensive testing on every release, RealFlight is a very large piece of software. We really appreciate the community's reports of additional bugs so that we can continue to improve the sim.

Last edited:
Ah, I did not phrase my last post very well. First, I'll try to untangle that:

On previous InterLinks, these shared a switch on the upper right, which we called "Smoke/Retract/Throttle Hold".

Your results are not expected, though. I'd like to dig into that.
On the InterLink DX when using its default profile, Smoke or Retracts end up on Switch A for most aircraft, and Switch H is dedicated to Throttle Hold. It sounds like you're not seeing that. I'd like to verify your behavior when using the default profile. Could you follow these steps to check that?

1. Click Simulation>Select Controller
  2. Select your InterLink DX
  3. In the drop-down profile menu, select "InterLink DX". This is the stock profile.
  4. Load the Dominon 3D and verify that Throttle Hold is on Switch H (it is for me)
  5. Load the Heli Hover trainer and attempt to fly. (Note: I see that the Get Ready dialog does not properly indicate the throttle hold status, but you can clear it by pressing reset or the Go button. Filing a case on that now.)
  6. Try flying the Heli Hover and Heli Orientation Trainer (both work fine for me aside from the get ready dialog not indicating Ready for Throttle Cut)

Do your results from these steps match mine?

Last edited:
I think that it all went wrong when I first started the RF9. These are the very first things that I did.

I only had the one RF-X radio selection. I used the drop-down to select the DX radio profile. Then I calibrated the controller and tried to fly a helicopter (cause I hate planks) and did not have throttle hold on the "correct" position (what is known on the DX radio as switch H). I went to the radio setup and moved the throttle hold to switch H. Then I went into the training; "Heli Orientation Training'. I was unable to keep the helicopter spinning. I went back to the radio setup and moved the throttle hold back.

Now when I go into the radio selection I have both the Interlink-X and the DX radio selections. By choosing the DX, I am not seeing the problems that I was seeing before.

I hope that this explains the problem that I was seeing. The two radios had something to do with it.

Last edited:
Back