multiplex funcub

plane guy

hey guys i was wondering if anyone would take on the multiplex funcub, i would realy like that, it looks like a realy fun, well, cub! thanks guys_plane guy

I got a few guys over at RC Groups looking up some dimensions and weights for me while I do some detail work.

Attachments

• MPFCub008.jpg
    MPFCub008.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 23
  • MPFCub009.JPG
    MPFCub009.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 26
That is what was so appealing about this model. People where modifying their Easy Cubs with huge flaps and bigger tires so they can use it on ruff ground. It caught on and Multiplexer released the Fun Cub all tweaked out.

Got a good scan of the wing root. Now I can re do the first test wings.

Attachments

• MPFCub011.jpg
    MPFCub011.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
more Tezz pics...

Attachments

• MPFCub012.jpg
    MPFCub012.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
  • MPFCub013.jpg
    MPFCub013.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
  • MPFCub014.jpg
    MPFCub014.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 28
Thanks to Gord over at RC Groups for shooting me a nice pic of the tail. That helped me get it more in scale with the real RC. Now just the servos for the wings and fuselage and it is on to mapping.

Attachments

• MPFCub017.jpg
    MPFCub017.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 24
  • MPFCub015.jpg
    MPFCub015.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 18
  • MPFCub016.jpg
    MPFCub016.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
you guys are nuts. :D hehehe

The MP Fun Cub is finished modeling. I have two beta testers from the RC groups forums trying it out while I map it .

Attachments

• MPFCub020.jpg
    MPFCub020.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 42
  • MPFCub021.jpg
    MPFCub021.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 36
  • MPFCub022.jpg
    MPFCub022.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 49
  • MPFCub023.jpg
    MPFCub023.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 38
Looks great Junkboy. The big wheels make this one look funky but cool. Like all the details too.

Mapping is mostly finished. I should receive some pictures of the actual decal sheets in e-Mail shortly. when I get those I’ll do some final tweaking of the Map so the pictures will be it's texture and she should be done.

OK I got some great pics of the MP FC Decals sheets. Man it is nice to get support from other users when making these models.

A guy from the RC groups taped the sheets to his glass sliding door and photographed them. I have to do some color and contrast adjustment but this is a great help.

Funny thing is chatting with the guy, it turns out I knew him from the time we both served in the AF. Small world.

Attachments

• sheets.jpg
    sheets.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Finished yet?

Hi Terry,

Did you manage to finish the FunCub? I'd love to try it out / be a beta tester.

If I can help in any way, please let me know (as I live in Germany)

All the best,
Otto

Last edited:
Junkboy999 said:
Mapping is mostly finished. I should receive some pictures of the actual decal sheets in e-Mail shortly. when I get those I’ll do some final tweaking of the Map so the pictures will be it's texture and she should be done.

Just stumbled on to this thread... The FunCub is my favorite model of all the birds in the fixed wing side of my fleet. Reading the thread - the modeling is amazing. Those of us who fly the FunCub are always looking for bigger tires to put on it. It is the best production bush r/c airplane available. When you drop those barndoor flaps on final approach it really slows down. Here's another hoot - takes a little practice - but full flaps on take-off - hold lots of down elevator - point it into the wind and I swear it will roll a foot or two and go straight up like it is on an elevator. Nose down is the trick - otherwise it just pops over on its back. I Can't wait to fly this one in RF.

Its pretty nifty on floats - but it is a riot on the big ole tundra tires.

You still need beta testers? I am available and eager!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Back