My First Airport

Warpspeed

I have started work on my first airport, and have competed a short and long runway, some landing lights, runway markers and a few other things. I am learning as I go.

There are some challenges that have popped up. My runways look good when a plane is on them or near them, but there seems to be a see through white boxes around them at a distance. The boxes disappear when go get close to them.

Also, I want to build a second airport at a great distance from the first. Do I start with a spawn, then just build the second one as I did the first?

Wow, getting bits to fit together properly is very time consuming. I have enjoyed learning a lot, but so much is still unknown to me. Still, lots of fun.

Yes you just create another spawn point at the new location. Glad you are having fun.

I'm guessing on the "white boxes" around the runways but you could try adjusting their depth up/down to the surrounding ground.

Last edited:
I have been hosting multiplayers on some airports I designed. In at least one airport, the people who join flying my airports cannot see all of the objects I have placed there ie: a very large hanger, and static aircraft. These objects were taken from the RF8 list of objects. Most of the objects on my airports are visible to others.

Any idea how and why some objects show up and some don't?

I have been hosting multiplayers on some airports I designed. In at least one airport, the people who join flying my airports cannot see all of the objects I have placed there ie: a very large hanger, and static aircraft. These objects were taken from the RF8 list of objects. Most of the objects on my airports are visible to others.

Any idea how and why some objects show up and some don't?
The reason is the add-ons and expansion packs.

For instance, if you don't have the add-ons installed in Rf9.x about half of "Patrick's Ultimate Airports" will not be visible. Back in the day these were add-on disks that could be purchased. Today they have been re-engineered and made available on the RealFlight.com site for download. ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 )
Once I installed the add-on packs into Rf9.5 all of Patrick's Ultimate Airports were visible.

marcus

Did you visit the RealFlight.com site for this download(s) recently? I was having the same issue with lack of visible objects from pre RF9.5 imported airports and could not find anything resembling add-on packs.

Yes you just create another spawn point at the new location. Glad you are having fun.

I'm guessing on the "white boxes" around the runways but you could try adjusting their depth up/down to the surrounding ground.
Try checking the 'Conform to ground'

Back