My G2 disk is scratched

Bmonty40

I haven't used this program for a few years. My grandson has been wanting to learn to fly, so I found the disk and tried to load it. I quickly found it doesn't work with windows 10, so I got out an old laptop, and it starts to load but gets hung up a little ways into the installation. When I looked at the disk there is a scratch on it.... So, I am wondering if there is somewhere i can download the program, or get a copy of the program disk. Or maybe even just the files that won't download... Also, does anyone know if my controller might work on later versions of RealFlight

If it's a USB controller it will work. If it uses the old serial port it won't. No idea on the disk. It's probably a good time to upgrade to the newer version.

Thanks BrokeDad, it is one with a USB cord, I'm glad to hear it will work... I'm sure you are right about upgrading to a newer version, but it would be nice to not have to spend the money right now...

There are lots of used copies of RF8 out there if you want to save some money (Check places like eBay). Many of us bought RF8 and then RF9 came out soon after. You can now fly multiplayer with both of those together as they have combined things to allow that now. You can fly on the server using RF7/7.5 too but it requires you to have the proprietary Interlink controller to work.

When you say "proprietary Interlink controller to work", are you talking about the controller that came with the G2 in the first place? Also, with the RF8 and others, don't they have to be activated on line? And if they do, will i be able to activate one that has already been activated by someone else?

When you say "proprietary Interlink controller to work", are you talking about the controller that came with the G2 in the first place? Also, with the RF8 and others, don't they have to be activated on line? And if they do, will i be able to activate one that has already been activated by someone else?

Most people selling de-activate it by contacting support. It's a question I would ask the seller before purchasing. I don't think the G2 controller will work with 7/7.5. Any USB controller will work with the newer 8 or 9. You might check out buying on RCG or a place like my heli site Helifreak. Click on the names for links and go to the classified sections. They are good places to purchase real used aircraft or RC electronics also.

yes i went ahead and got a newer version, I got the G-4, but now that i have gotten back into it i'm thinking i want to get the G-9 version...Thanks for the info...

Back