Need help with lost code.

Bill A

Hi I purchased a real flight 3.5 simulator a long time ago and now want to use it again, unfortunately I am missing the activation code off the CD cover and can’t use the system. I have the interlink code but not the other code needed. Any one have an idea of how to activate the system. Thanks in advance Bill

I'd say you're out'a luck; on the other hand, its kind'a like asking for the activation code for DOS 1.1

Rf9.5 is in stock, with InterlinkDX controller, and will give you many many hours of enjoyment, relaxation, and technical proficiency, all in a cardbox box for $179.99 ( what more could you ask? )

When I bought mine I also purchased a Dell notebook to host the Sim ( $1,400 ), and I invested in a usb interface dongle ( $50 ) so that I could practice with my actual controller ( $439 ). So, I was interested in protecting my investment.

The most important thing I did was record my RealFlight 9 serial number, activation code, product key, and KnifeEdge forum password so that I wouldn't lose my investment by misplacing something so easily protected.

marcus

Marcus what I am asking is any information on activation code, not a lecture, Iam willing to pay for a new code so I can still enjoy my investment from 15 years ago. I don’t want any thing for free. I was advised by real flight service department that I might get help here. Bill

Marcus what I am asking is any information on activation code, not a lecture, Iam willing to pay for a new code so I can still enjoy my investment from 15 years ago. I don’t want any thing for free. I was advised by real flight service department that I might get help here. Bill
Ok, fair enough; as far as that goes.

An activation code is (as I'm sure you're aware) a DRM 'lock'. Anyone, here on this forum or elsewhere, who assists 'anybody' in breaking the RealFlight activation DRM 'lock' is complicit in conspiracy to commit a DRM crime; for which there are these days very serious penalties-- at worst that activity would amount to criminal malfeasance and would at best perhaps be construed as an act of immoral, or possibly unethical, chicanery. This is not intended to be a lecture; just a very serious warning in truth. Don't mess with DRM.

Another way to put this, if you will permit me, why in the world would the RealFlight 'service department' advise you to come to this forum to get help in breaking the DRM 'lock' that their company's activation code is meant to ensure? Wouldn't the RealFlight 'service department' be able to verify your proof of purchase and unlock the product for you directly? Am I missing something here?

marcus

Marcus you have totally misunderstood my request, I want help to gain access to my simulator, the person at real flight thought that this forum would help me, as their person is not available, I thought that seeing knife edge write the program some one from knife edge could help, as stated if I have to purchase a new code so be it

Marcus you have totally misunderstood my request, I want help to gain access to my simulator, the person at real flight thought that this forum would help me, as their person is not available, I thought that seeing knife edge write the program some one from knife edge could help, as stated if I have to purchase a new code so be it
Ok. Just so you know, very seldom, if ever, does anyone from KnifeEdge actually visit here. Horizon Hobby bought out KnifeEdge and, as far as I know, have complete control of their intellectual property rights, etc. You might want to drop Horizon Hobby a line and see what they can do for you. Again, if you're interested in purchasing a license, I would strenuously recommend just going the whole route... get the new InterlinkDX controller, and RealFlight 9.5

marcus

Back