Needing help with basic installation.

Spaceghost749

My wife bought me real flight evolution right around Christmas. I just bought a laptop. I have also uploaded steam but do not see where to put the code that came with the purchase and for the download of the simulator. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

What a great wife! šŸ˜„

You should have received instructions on that process, whether printed in the box or in an email for a digital purchase. I know the link in the email was broken for a while, but that should be fixed now.

Regardless, it basically goes like this:
  1. Start the Steam client. You will perform these steps in that application, not through the Steam store website.
  2. Click the Games menu and choose Activate a Product on Steam...
  3. Read and click through any prompts that Steam displays until you get to a place where you can enter your key.
    1. This will likely include agreeing to the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
  4. Enter your key at the appropriate dialog box (you can copy and paste if you have it in an email) and click Next.
  5. You should see an "Activation Successful!" message.
  6. Click Finish.
RealFlight Evolution will now appear in your Steam library. If the Steam client isn't already showing you that view, click the Library header. All titles you own will be displayed in the area on the left. Click "RealFlight Evolution" to select it, then click Install to get started.

Back